Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser Boresighter

It paid for itself again. Mounted a Holosun, bore sighted with the laser thingee, and these are first shots.

Name:  16786C1F-BC35-45A0-8209-68F52117686B.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  23.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It paid for itself again. Mounted a Holosun, bore sighted with the laser thingee, and these are first shots.

Name:  16786C1F-BC35-45A0-8209-68F52117686B.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  23.9 KB
    and once again Mrs. M pays off like a boss, tell her I said muchas gracias as I have both the 5.56 & 9mm version of these.

Well, I took my 9mm bore sighter to the range today. Nothing new re: gun and sight/dot setup. Just wanted to see what it looked like at established distances, with an already sighted in G19.5/SRO combo.

Had a good range trip. Got home, saw this thread, and realized I forgot to try the bore sighter while at the range.

Senioritis strikes again. I've had it pretty much since birth . . .

I wanted to bump this to the top and ask @GJM and/or @JCN to share some details about the Wheeler laser bore sighters that they are using. What model, specifically. If there is another thread that has the info, please point me to it. I did not find one in a search.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I wanted to bump this to the top and ask @GJM and/or @JCN to share some details about the Wheeler laser bore sighters that they are using. What model, specifically. If there is another thread that has the info, please point me to it. I did not find one in a search.
    https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Profe...s%2C142&sr=8-3

Does that just stick right to the end of the barrel/slide?

Right on the crown of the muzzle. Works great.

This was one of those things that I thought was going to be ridiculous, but turned out to be awesome.

A couple of observations about it:

1. I like the green laser because my red dots are… red.
    2. If on a budget you could use a red laser for a red dot by changing optic intensity or intermittently occluding the laser.
    3. It works on threaded barrels if you take the muzzle devices off.
    4. If you’re lazy, most muzzle devices are reasonably close enough that you can still rough it in with the laser.
    5. I usually match laser to optic at around 25 yards for most ammo which usually gets me within a few clicks depending on velocity of ammo and distance I zero in live.
    6. It’s good enough that I’ve shot matches with Optics that I only Wheeler zeroed.
    7. It’s far superior to chamber devices because chamber devices can have rubber O-rings, but even if not it can be inserted with inconsistent orientation / rotation and cant. The Wheeler has the “on” button at 6 o’clock and is reproducible.

I was looking for a solution to quickly spot check competition optics the night before matches when I was having Romeo 3 Max elevation drift. I was desperate so tried this. It worked so well, I recommended it to others having Romeo issues which is how it came to the PF collective brain trust.

The other part of the recommendation as my favorite red dot zeroing system is the Hyskore parallax sight.

https://www.amazon.com/HYSKORE-10036...s%2C125&sr=8-2

Name:  AA14C5EC-E7BD-4754-BC74-0DBB0B084913.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  27.8 KB

It works like this:
    You bench rest aim at a paster and take three shots.
    Then you flip the rest and clamp the gun in with the optic pointed at the paster.
    Then you adjust the optic without moving the gun so that the red dot is centered on the three shots you took before.
    You don’t have to take any additional shots.

Done. Zeroed using the initial three shots. I usually shoot to confirm but that’s it.
    Last edited by JCN; 01-03-2022 at 11:27 PM.

Hammertime
    It's magnetic. It's awesome and you definitely need one. I am so impressed with this thing.

Well, this thread just cost me $17 but I think it will be worth it.
    Using Tapatalk

User Tag List