Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PMM Integrated Rear Sight (IDRS)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You just gave me a product idea, at least for Glocks - printed Nylon front sights in different sizes solely for the purpose of determining POI so you only have to order a real sight once. It would be a good Shapeways project...
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Someone, 10-8 I think, used to offer such a product. It was a pack of a few different height front sights made of plastic that you could also file down to get your exact required height. No clue if they still offer it, though. It was a clever idea. My Glocks were always unique critters when it came to POA/POI.

I checked their website and Dawson’s (in case I was mistaken about who offered it). I don’t see any such product listed.
    As smart as the idea is I'm betting there's not much of a market for it... Most Glock owners just won't give a shit. Or aren't educated enough to know they should give a shit. Or can't even shoot well enough to realize there's a POI issue.

Obvious downsides of this are eliminating the functionality of the drain holes... perhaps not a big deal. I would have been concerned about getting to the emitter window for cleaning, but it appears to have adequate access.

It would, however, be interesting to see if this shields the SRO/RMR emitter in such a way as to reduce or eliminate false dots in certain sun angles.

If so, a modular sunshade based on the same footprint (but without sight blades) could well be a widely useful item.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-17-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Obvious downsides of this are eliminating the functionality of the drain holes... perhaps not a big deal. I would have been concerned about getting to the emitter window for cleaning, but it appears to have adequate access.

It would, however, be interesting to see if this shields the SRO/RMR emitter in such a way as to reduce or eliminate false dots in certain sun angles.

If so, a modular sunshade based on the same footprint (but without sight blades) could well be a widely useful item.
    That concern about the drainage holes was the first thing to pop into my mind. I don't know how serious of a problem it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    That concern about the drainage holes was the first thing to pop into my mind. I don't know how serious of a problem it could be.
    I live in a desert environment. You’re in Seattle, you tell me!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Someone, 10-8 I think, used to offer such a product. It was a pack of a few different height front sights made of plastic that you could also file down to get your exact required height. No clue if they still offer it, though. It was a clever idea. My Glocks were always unique critters when it came to POA/POI.

I checked their website and Dawson’s (in case I was mistaken about who offered it). I don’t see any such product listed.
    It was 10-8.

I’m still not finding these on their website - maybe they killed them off? I’ll send an email.

Disregard - they’re an option on the slide cutting pages. (I think someone upthread said that, but duh on my part.)

Has anyone tried these yet? I’m looking at options for a RMRcc on a 43.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The Dawson sight calculator is free, and works well.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/
    Taking a break from social media.

Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried the IDRS on a RMR HD? I managed to snag one and plan to put it on a setup that would cause me to lose my rear iron sight. However the side drainage holes on the RMR HD look to be a bit smaller than the holes on my RMRs. If the IDRS doesn't fit, are there other similar alternatives that might work?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried the IDRS on a RMR HD? I managed to snag one and plan to put it on a setup that would cause me to lose my rear iron sight. However the side drainage holes on the RMR HD look to be a bit smaller than the holes on my RMRs. If the IDRS doesn't fit, are there other similar alternatives that might work?
    PMM has them for the HD now. Send them an email.

User Tag List