Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Remington M-870?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I like .32 mag so that probably evens us up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    And I've developed a love affair with the .32 ACP, so... I guess we all belong on the Island of Misfit Toys.
    Actual conversation with a Cuban coworker in Miami when he discovered my affinity for all things .32 (ACP, H&R, Fed Mag, etc):
    CW: “32!?! Let me guess, you like 41 Magnum too?”
    Me: *pauses* “Well yeah. You got one for sale?”
    CW: “You are such a white boy.”
    Me: “Well duh.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Actual conversation with a Cuban coworker in Miami when he discovered my affinity for all things .32 (ACP, H&R, Fed Mag, etc):

I think they have our number...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post

What was the novel with the hitman who used a Dan Wesson .41 Mag because he could secrete it disassembled in a camera case?

I’m appalled that after a day of intense Google-fu there are so few other than OEM sources of 870 parts!
    WTF? It’s like we’ve allowed the one gun more reliable than an SKS to be solely produced by one source?

America, we need to fix this.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    WTF? It’s like we’ve allowed the one gun more reliable than an SKS to be solely produced by one source?
    First off, I would submit that the USP may put the 870 at least back in second place.

Secondly, you may want to contemplate the respective roles of cause and effect.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    First off, I would submit that the USP may put the 870 at least back in second place.

Secondly, you may want to contemplate the respective roles of cause and effect.
    I had an early USP and the spring that controlled the SA trigger function came adrift making it a sometimes SA/Da gun. H&K fixed it but I really couldn’t bring myself to rely on it after that. OTOH I saw 870s that were absolutely appallingly ignored as LEO duty guns and they kept chugging along.

I’m just amazed that we don’t have a company making boutique 870s and parts like we have for Glocks, 1911s or even Remington 700 rifles. You’d think at some point someone would have said “I can make that better”. They did for every other popular firearm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    What was the novel with the hitman who used a Dan Wesson .41 Mag because he could secrete it disassembled in a camera case?

I’m appalled that after a day of intense Google-fu there are so few other than OEM sources of 870 parts!

America, we need to fix this.
    I remember that book! Dude also used Dade speedloaders, despite how finicky there were.

Ohhh! I have some of those as well! It's a fun little cartridge and I've found myself hunting down turn of the (19th) century .32s.
    I have a pair of 2" Detective Specials in .32 S&W. We should hang out.

I just wanted to express my admiration at not only the quality of the shitposting but at the speed in which the thread was derailed. I salute you all.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I just wanted to express my admiration at not only the quality of the shitposting but at the speed in which the thread was derailed. I salute you all.
    If it's any consolation, I'd be interested in a quality, upgraded 870 that addressed some of the model's weak points...especially if American made.

Would give me a backup or possibly a replacement for the one Remington I currently own.

(Or, perhaps the next time some police models are offered for sale at a reasonable price, I'll avail myself.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Until the latest panic, gun stores never sold out of 870 shotguns. The sheer amount of used models was enough to dampen demand for a clone, especially as the real thing was available for $300 or less. I wonder if many of the 870 shotguns snapped up during the panic will be sold when things "return to normal" -- aka "cash is needed".
    Respectfully, I expect things will be anything but normal for at least the next 4 years and pump shotguns will be one of the last items disposed of.

User Tag List