Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Remington M-870?

Non-Remington M-870?

Since Remington has crashed and burned and we’re waiting to see if it rises like the Phoenix or stays down like Sears & Roebuck, has any company ever made a viable copy of the venerable M-870?

I mean there are more companies making AR shaped objects than any other type rifle, I couldn’t tell you how many different flavors 1911 and you can build an entire 10/22 that never graced the inside of a Ruger factory.

Why no 870 clones?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I might buy a Miroku or Howa 870. But not a Turkish 870.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I might buy a Miroku or Howa 870. But not a Turkish 870.
    After a bit of Google-ing apparently the IAC Hawk 982 is a Norinco semi-copy of the 870. My Stoeger semiauto has been great, but no 870’s made in communist countries por favore. I’d like to see a quality, well thought out gun with a “Made in the USA” sticker on it coming out of the box.

Norinco and H&R both made 870 copies. My Norinco 982 had a stiff action that I thought was due to packing grease when I bought it but turned out to be something wrong with the gun. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to smooth it out but eventually gave up and dedicated myself to the Mossberg 500. There was a thread dedicated to the 982 on M4C several years ago and everyone else was pleased with theirs'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I'd buy a Ruger 870 and probably a Palmetto State 870.

I'd love it if someone made an 870 with a Mossberg-style tang safety.

I'd love it even more if someone made a DA/SA 870 with a decocker/safety, but I realize I'm like... the only person on earth who'd buy one.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'd love it if someone made an 870 with a Mossberg-style tang safety.

I'd love it even more if someone made a DA/SA 870 with a decocker/safety, but I realize I'm like... the only person on earth who'd buy one.
    I have ALWAYS loved the idea of a DA/SA shotgun that was drop safe with one in the chamber. Especially when I was a Sig 229 guy. But apparently unlike pistols, nobody wants a drop safe shotgun so you can have the damn thing fully loaded. As for the DA/SA, I'm there with ya, but pretty sure its just us.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    No, you are not.

(But then again, people think I'm weird... )

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’d like to see a quality, well thought out gun with a “Made in the USA” sticker on it coming out of the box.
    Email that idea to Henry. They're making single barrels, so maybe there's hope for a pump.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Until the latest panic, gun stores never sold out of 870 shotguns. The sheer amount of used models was enough to dampen demand for a clone, especially as the real thing was available for $300 or less. I wonder if many of the 870 shotguns snapped up during the panic will be sold when things "return to normal" -- aka "cash is needed".

User Tag List