Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPS-UPS-FedEx-Prime: Holiday Shipping & Timeliness of Deliveries

Well once again USPS is taking something I ordered on a scenic tour. A choke tube I ordered from central Ohio ended up in Grand Rapids MI on its way to WV. It was allegedly going to get here last Thursday.

An order of biltong from Stryve in Texas shipped quickly, then rode around with the USPS for a week.

Plus we have a new mail carrier whose default setting with packages is to leave a note requiring me to journey to gun free Post Office Hell and mingle with the unwashed masses.

However a Magpul stock from DSG made it to my doorstep yesterday from Texas in two days via FedEx.

Reading some of the posts here, looks like I've been fortunate.

For the first time ever, I did all of my Christmas shopping remotely not because of the idiocy that we're seeing due to the virus, but because my schedule these last two months has been hectic and my spare time has been at a premium.

Amazon products—shipped via UPS—have all arrived one day earlier than anticipated with the exception of one which arrived just one day late.

I might've just become spoiled for shopping for the rest of my life as I really hate malls.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

With the Pfizer COVID vaccine being approved both UPS and FedEx are giving it priority.

This will screw up you procrastinating gift givers even more.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

USPS has been all over the place, from First Class being next day, from several states away, to the more-typical Priority taking an extra day, or two.

UPS has been normal-time-frame.

An interesting, evolving experience is with “Newgistics” shipping, from an evil-bay seller in the UK. Pitney Bowes Expedited, a “shipping partner,” apparently the link between the UK’s Royal Mail and USPS, has a package that it picked up at the international terminal in Chicago, after UK’s Royal Mail got it right quickly across the pond, and got it relatively quickly to Grapevine, Texas, near Dallas, where it seems to be in long-term storage. I had received two conflicting estimated delivery dates, initially the 16th, then updated to the 10th, but it now has fallen-back to the 16th. As the 16th is several days away, and Grapevine is just a few hours up Interstate 45, I do not see this as “late,” yet. The USPS track and ship page recognizes the third of the three tracking numbers, and indicates that the label has been created, but that USPS is still awaiting the package. After prior experience with shipping partners leaving things at the USPS North Houston Distribution Center, I am not optimistic about delivery by the 16th, if it is dropped there, by a “shipping partner.” Time will tell.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-13-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

It's all a mess... There's no best answer.
    My son had his G34 mailed back from Primary Machine last month using UPS overnight... It was a 120 mile trip door to door.
    It went from Morgan City to Bumfuck Missouri, back to New Orleans, then to my house, 2 days late.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Status updated on 12/05/2020 to what appears to be the new standard bullshit/fuckery status for the USPS:

"In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."
    Ha, that is *exactly* the current status of the JMCK order I mentioned earlier in the thread. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Fair enough. Given that the watch in question is essentially irreplaceable, both because it's ~50 years old and rare *and* because any replacement wouldn't be the one that belonged to my father, I felt compelled to insure it. Had it gotten lost in transit, I absolutely would have fought with USPS to the bitter end about collecting on the insurance.
    Registered Mail is generally considered the safest way to ship watches and jewelry. Chain of custody is allegedly maintained all along the way. I once sent a watch Registered Priority, insured for $7k. It took a long time, but it got there.

And back to the topic, USPS is a shambles for me, UPS and FedEx doing ok.

JMCK order arrived one day later than initially advised so that could have been worse. I’m on day 10 for a Priority package from Atlanta.

A UPS package we were sent via Amazon was consigned 2nd Day Air. We got it 8 days later.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

There seems to be a common occurrence reading the replies that applies to the USPS, " in transit arriving late". Anyone know when they (USPS) changed or started filtering the ability to track package and started to offer a paid updated tracking option? Sometimes the USPS forgets it is a Service and not a private business something that is often overlooked when the talking heads on television report on how much money the postal service has lost.

Recently moving away from the Amazon Hub in Nashville we no longer have the Prime trucks delivering our packages here in Panama City, it is UPS or USPS. Learning there is no consistency with the USPS on delivering items here we changed our setting to select UPS as our primary desired source for receiving orders. Tracking and timelines has improved significantly. One thing we liked about Prime deliveries and truly appreciated, we always received a text or email message showing us the location the packages was placed or left at.

Normally my coffee is shipped UPS and is here within 4 days. This time they used USPS.

Ordered on 30 Nov. Still not here since it sat for almost a week at one place.

We have a local roaster so we have been doing the French press, so all is not lost. But tossing a Nespresso in is much quicker.

User Tag List