Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATF agent detained and tased by local PD

I've been on both sides of the deconfliction thing. It can go bad either way...whether or not there is a known issue with one agency or the other.

Agree that the agent going solo is bad policy...and something to be avoided if at all possible for any number of reasons.

I've arrested bad LEOs and not as a member of any internal affairs squad. It feels good to take out the trash...but there's little joy in the larger sense.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    It's very easy to avoid this sort of thing:

*ring*ring*

Me: Such-and-Such Department.
    Dude: Hey, it's Dude from Federal Alphabet Agency. At 1200, we're going to be making contact with a subject at 123 Evergreen as part of an investigation.
    Me: Is that address in Pine Estates off Route 1?
    Dude: Sure is.
    Me: We have patrols available in the area if you'd like backup.
    Dude: No thanks, there's two of us.
    Me: Okay. I'll make a note of it here and message or phone the patrol sergeant just to give them the heads-up. What's a good callback number for you?
    Dude: 123-4567.
    Me: Great. And what time do you expect to be done?
    Dude: Brief meeting, no later than 1300.
    Me: Okay. Give me a call back when you're done, and I'll check in at 1300. Have a good day.

Then, all sorts of fun shit happens. If I get a complaint about gunshots or fireworks in that area, I don't jerk around and send one unit to investigate, I roll a bunch and advise them of the call, and then stage EMS. The guys involved are now on my radar and I can check on them if I don't hear from them. If we have, say, an extensive history of mental health or fights-the-police issues at that residence, I can let them know. All that and more for a minute or two of time, although it's not as cool as just rolling around with nobody looking over your shoulder.

Now, that said, maybe ATF doesn't have a good relationship with that department. Maybe their communications people are just dickbags who don't do cool things for their u/s. Hell, for all I know, this guy did do that and somebody dropped the ball. Who knows? All I'm saying is, there are very good, very easy ways to prevent stuff like this from happening, and it just takes two minutes of working together.
    That is SOP for my old agency whenever we go out to another jurisdiction. It’s a lot better for both sides that the other agency knows you’re there especially if it’s a plainclothes operation. If it hits the fan it’s a lot better for both sides is the responding patrol Officers know another agency’s Detectives are involved.

If another agency was in our city it was entered as an information call and the district Lieutenant was notified. The call usually had who was there and when they’d be done. When they cleared the call was closed.

I don’t know how many times I’ve heard men with guns hot calls get dispatched and it turns out to be our Detectives doing a vehicle takeoff at a major intersection and they didn’t even bother getting on the district channel to make patrol aware.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The video is finally out! I laughed and I laughed

#RESIST

Clown show, on multiple levels.

“ I can’t breathe” seems to be the get out of jail card everyone’s trying to pull now.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I've been taken into custody several times while working undercover, including once while naked in a massage parlor and I've NEVER argued with responding police officers even when they bounced me off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I've been taken into custody several times while working undercover, including once while naked in a massage parlor and I've NEVER argued with responding police officers even when they bounced me off the floor.
    Oh, that’s a story that needs to be told...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I tried arguing with some deputies in Knoxville one time, until I realized that the Sgt., who told a big, gigantic looking deputy to hit me in the mouth if I said one more word, wasn't kidding.

It ended without bloodshed and I still got a word or two in...but it was embarrassing being handed my Model 15 in one hand...and the cartridges in the other.

(I may have had an alcoholic beverage or two.)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, that’s a story that needs to be told...
    So there I was naked and covered in baby oil from head to toe with two hot Vietnamese girls with a wash cloth hanging off my manhood like a surrender flag on a French infantryman's rifle, when Biloxi PD busted in and took me down to the floor. I was about 30 lbs lighter then and they got mad because I kept slipping the cuffs because of all the petroleum products.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    So there I was naked and covered in baby oil from head to toe with two hot Vietnamese girls.
    Not waiting until after the happy ending shows a severe lack of interagency cooperation.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List