Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF agent detained and tased by local PD

ATF agent detained and tased by local PD

https://radio.wosu.org/post/atf-agen...icers#stream/0

A special agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has filed an excessive force lawsuit in federal court against the city of Columbus and two police officers.

The case stems from a July 7 incident in which ATF special agent James Burk alleges two Columbus Police officers tased and handcuffed him while he attempted to carry out official duties. The complaint alleges Burk was trying to confiscate an illegally-held firearm.

The suspect called 911 and the dispatcher sent officers Joseph Fihe and Kevin Winchell. Burk contends this sort of confusion isn’t unheard of, but in a typical situation, the police officers would check his credentials and then either assist in retrieving the firearm or leave the scene.

In this case, despite putting his hands up and telling the officers he was a federal agent with credentials in his pocket, Burk says the two trained their guns on him, roughed him up, tased him and handcuffed him before finally checking his credentials. The officers then forced Burk into the back seat of a police cruiser and detained him for about an hour.

The case also alleges the officers later privately shared body cam footage from the incident with other officers, making light of the incident and mocking Burk. The lawsuit claims this underscores a code of silence within the division that amounts to a de facto policy.

Columbus Police did not respond to a request for comment.
    #RESIST

I’ll bet this is the same guy.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ne-from-kroger

DEERFIELD TWP., Ohio – A federal agent is charged with stealing wine from a Kroger store after employees grew suspicious and alerted authorities.

Police say ATF agent James Burk took expensive wine to the self-checkout lane and charged himself a small percent of the cost.

Burk was charged by the Warren County Sheriff's Office for stealing more than $200 in wine from the Landen Kroger.
    #RESIST

Lawsuit smells funny.

Especially the part about going to confiscate a gun from a prohibited person......on your own.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Lawsuit smells funny.

Especially the part about going to confiscate a gun from a prohibited person......on your own.....
    I’m smelling “shitbird the local cops hate” given the Kroger incident and prolly other shit the cops know about that the general public doesn’t. From the article:

Burk has since moved to an administrative role within ATF because of the incident and injuries, both physical and psychological, Burk says he suffered.
    #RESIST

Lawsuit smells funny.

I agree with TGS. That raised my hackles. Along with the other link about the shoplifting. The article from dispatch.com reads like a plaintiff’s filing paperwork.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Lawsuit smells funny.

Maybe he’s dead ended at the ATF after the thievery and is looking for a big payout.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    From the article:
    Well, to be fair that part in itself isn't anything out of the ordinary. It's common to get the rubber gun squad transferred to administrative duties anytime you're under an official microscope, whether the accusations/charges are truthful or not....or even if it's non-punitive matter to begin with, like fitness-for-duty evaluations due to sickness or injury.

Maybe he’s dead ended at the ATF after the thievery and is looking for a big payout.
    Totally where my mind went, and something tells me the city will push back on this and he's going to end up just making himself a notorious shitstain instead of someone that nobody has ever heard of.

Totally where my mind went, and something tells me the city will push back on this and he's going to end up just making himself a notorious shitstain instead of someone that nobody has ever heard of.
    Well, at least he will always have the Kroger’s incident to be remembered by
    #RESIST

Well, at least he will always have the Kroger’s incident to be remembered by
    Since he's such a wine fan, Krogers could do a special run of "Ballin' Burk Bianco" with the label bearing his mug crying as he got tased.

User Tag List