Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1301 with 8-pellet Flitecontrol?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I've seen one 1301T that was borderline with 8-pellet FC. It would choke when run from the CQB/short-stock position, but would run reliably when shouldered conventionally. It was brand new out of the box, and may have needed some break-in with some full-power buck, or perhaps something was wrong with it, I don't know. Others have seemed to run fine with it. Regardless, it goes to show that you need to test your
    gun with your chosen duty/defensive ammo, not only for patterning, but for function (especially with a self-loader).
    Breakin would be my guess. I've personally fired about a case of 00 8 pellet low-recoil FFC through my 1301 shotguns with no issues...but I didn't shoot flight control through them until after I'd fired a couple of hundred rounds of birdshot through them. Given my penchant for practicing with heavy birdshot loads, the springs saw some significant breakin prior to patterning them with FFC.

Definitely need to look into the ammunition (including how it was stored...shotgun shells can be more sensitive to temperature/humidity than metallic cartridges) and if that checks out contact Beretta and have them look at the guns.

It would also be worthwhile to go burn a case of birdshot through each of them and then try shooting the low recoil buckshot again.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm leaving this thread now before any more mental or emotional trauma is experienced...and before any financial trauma follows.
    The only thing keeping me from doing financially irresponsible things is the fact that I possess an HK-marked M1S90.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The only thing keeping me from doing financially irresponsible things is the fact that I possess an HK-marked M1S90.
    One is none... How you gonna dual-wield without a second one?

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=blues;1155311]And all I have is an 870 with a Magpul stock and a Surefire forend...

I'll shoot you my address so you can send one before the holidays.

Of course, I'll have to get rid of at least one of my seven total firearms...I mean, who needs more than a shotgun?

(I learned that from Uncle Joe. Hey wait a minute...if you can't rack it, how're you supposed to scare the bad guys off?)[/QUOT

A shell chambering in my M2 sounds pretty badass. Then again I've had suspects who were impressed by the sound of a pump gage racking, and suspects who were not impressed...

Didn't Uncle Joe say to shoot thru the door....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I traded the one I had for God Only Knows What, hence my recent M2 purchase....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Hammertime
    I finally got to shoot a few boxes of 8 pellet Flite Control through my 1301 and was extremely surprised and pleased at how mellow this load is. Felt like birdshot almost.

Site Supporter
    I haven't been able to get my grubby hands on Federal ammo, but I was able to grab 30 rounds of Hornady's 8 pellet setup before word got out that the store had them.

At 10 yards all 8 pellets are in the dome from my 1301. At 20, all in the chest box. It's convenient that my reticle acts as a range estimator as well - if the head fills the reticle, send it, if the B zone fills it, send it, slugs beyond that if possible (50 yards zero, hornady 1oz reduced recoil).

I really, really want to try #1, and if the patterning is consistent with what I've seen in videos, I would do some things to some people that they may or may not enjoy for a case of it

You may have said this earlier in the thread but I don't remember. What optics are you using on your 1301?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I haven't been able to get my grubby hands on Federal ammo, but I was able to grab 30 rounds of Hornady's 8 pellet setup before word got out that the store had them.

At 10 yards all 8 pellets are in the dome from my 1301. At 20, all in the chest box. It's convenient that my reticle acts as a range estimator as well - if the head fills the reticle, send it, if the B zone fills it, send it, slugs beyond that if possible (50 yards zero, hornady 1oz reduced recoil).

I really, really want to try #1, and if the patterning is consistent with what I've seen in videos, I would do some things to some people that they may or may not enjoy for a case of it
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    You may have said this earlier in the thread but I don't remember. What optics are you using on your 1301?
    https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/137.html

User Tag List