Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1301 with 8-pellet Flitecontrol?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I don't have a huge round count, maybe 500-ish, but mine runs anything I stick in it. I have run birdshot, reduced recoil and full power slugs, and reduced recoil (including LE133), standard and magnum buckshot. The 1301T is the best shotgun I have ever owned...
    My experience is the same as @SWAT Lt.'s. Unlike the FN SLP I recently sold, the 1301 has been 100% reliable out of the box, with loads ranging from light birdshot and reduced recoil slugs and buck, to full-power and short magnums. Best shotgun ever.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I caved last month, put the deposit down on one of the next batch of LTT's coming in....
    If you don't mind saying, where and how much was the damage? (Or you can respond via PM if you prefer.)

My 870 doesn't get out much so I'm trying to realistically assess the need going forward...but as I say, I've got a foot on slippery ground.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you don't mind saying, where and how much was the damage? (Or you can respond via PM if you prefer.)

My 870 doesn't get out much so I'm trying to realistically assess the need going forward...but as I say, I've got a foot on slippery ground.
    The prices are listed on the LTT site...

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-...tgun-preorder/

It looks expensive at first glance, but if you part out all the accessories yourself you won't save much if any and add the hassle of tracking it all down yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post

It looks expensive at first glance, but if you part out all the accessories yourself you won't save much if any and add the hassle of tracking it all down yourself.
    Yep. I spent slightly more on my build, especially after sending the trigger group to Briley for USA parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yep. I spent slightly more on my build, especially after sending the trigger group to Briley for USA parts.
    Nice! I've seen that option from them but couldn't convince myself the juice was worth the squeeze, aside from the additional USA parts for 922R.
    Is the upgrade actually noticeable enough to justify the expense?

My build is everything LTT does and I did get mine done for probably a bit cheaper, but it took months to find everything and I only saved by getting some of it on sale. But this was before LTT even offered the package so I had no choice.

Exactly. I'm not especially handy or patient, so I hit the easy button on this one. I particularly like that EL has letters from the ATF regarding parts counts and such, so I figure I'll be GTG legally speaking. And this will be an HD shotgun so that's extra important to me.

ETA: I've always wanted a Benelli M4, and still do, but this decked out LTT 1301 is the same price as a base M4. And then you have to buy the 922 shit to make the M4 have the proper capacity. On top of that, as much as I like the Benelli stock quality, its well known that the LOP is significantly longer than ideal for most people, including me. The clincher was when someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted their pic of a SBS M4 next to a 1301T, and they were basically the same length.
    So here I am, waiting for a 1301. Down the road if I have play money I'll get an M4 for S&Gs, assuming our new overlord allows such things.
    Last edited by Balisong; 12-13-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Is the upgrade actually noticeable enough to justify the expense? No. Not for a defense gun. I asked them to make the trigger pull as heavy and long as they could, so that's not an issue. But it was expensive and took a really long time. I would NOT have done it except for 922r.

On the other hand, it's an amazingly crisp trigger. And it's gold. #bling !

Nice! I've seen that option from them but couldn't convince myself the juice was worth the squeeze, aside from the additional USA parts for 922R.
    Is the upgrade actually noticeable enough to justify the expense?

My build is everything LTT does and I did get mine done for probably a bit cheaper, but it took months to find everything and I only saved by getting some of it on sale. But this was before LTT even offered the package so I had no choice.

ETA: I've always wanted a Benelli M4, and still do, but this decked out LTT 1301 is the same price as a base M4. And then you have to buy the 922 shit to make the M4 have the proper capacity. On top of that, as much as I like the Benelli stock quality, its well known that the LOP is significantly longer than ideal for most people, including me. The clincher was when someone (sorry I don't remember who) posted their pic of a SBS M4 next to a 1301T, and they were basically the same length.
    So here I am, waiting for a 1301. Down the road if I have play money I'll get an M4 for S&Gs, assuming our new overlord allows such things.
    My son has an M4 so I can do a comparison...

These are both set up in a very similar configuration: 7rd tubes, 6rd side saddles, RMR mounts, WML's.
    My 1301 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 9lbs 2oz.
    The M4 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 10lbs 3oz.

AOL is as follows:

1301T is 37.25 inches w/ 12.125" LOP

M4 fully collapsed is 35 inches w/ 9.25" LOP
    Mid-position is 38 inches w/ 12.25" LOP
    Fully extended is 40 inches w/ 14.25" LOP

Camera pics tend to distort perspective but here's the M4 stock positions against the 1301T for what it's worth.
    In my opinion the mid-position on the M4 stock makes any size difference a wash. Where the issues arise is with the weight and ergonomic differences... The Magpul SGA stock feels much better to me than the slightly awkward pistol grip of the M4 and the extra pound of weight is very noticeable. Plus building the 1301T will most certainly cost you less than blinging-out the M4.

Site Supporter
    Exactly. I'm not especially handy or patient, so I hit the easy button on this one. I particularly like that EL has letters from the ATF regarding parts counts and such, so I figure I'll be GTG legally speaking. And this will be an HD shotgun so that's extra important to me.
    I hadn’t heard of this letter. My “assembled at home” version (before LTT was offering them) has the same stuff other than the CROM rear sight. I’d be very interested to see that letter to see if my gun checks the same boxes.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 12-13-2020 at 04:09 PM.

My son has an M4 so I can do a comparison...

These are both set up in a very similar configuration: 7rd tubes, 6rd side saddles, RMR mounts, WML's.
    My 1301 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 9lbs 2oz.
    The M4 as shown, 7 +1 loaded = 10lbs 3oz.

AOL is as follows:

1301T is 37.25 inches w/ 12.125" LOP

M4 fully collapsed is 35 inches w/ 9.25" LOP
    Mid-position is 38 inches w/ 12.25" LOP
    Fully extended is 40 inches w/ 14.25" LOP

Camera pics tend to distort perspective but here's the M4 stock positions against the 1301T for what it's worth.
    In my opinion the mid-position on the M4 stock makes any size difference a wash. Where the issues arise is with the weight and ergonomic differences... The Magpul SGA stock feels much better to me than the slightly awkward pistol grip of the M4 and the extra pound of weight is very noticeable. Plus building the 1301T will most certainly cost you less than blinging-out the M4.

That is a fantastic batch of info and pics, thank you! In my previous post the SBS M4 vs 1301 pic I was referring to had the M4 with the "normal" pistol grip stock. I don't believe I was aware that the collapsible stock actually had a mid point. It was in my mind it was either fully extended or collapsed all the way. That definitely cements my wantsies of an M4 eventually, but unfortunately means I'll have to jump through the hoops to have that stock, along with all the extra cash for the stock on top of everything else. Last I looked they were $400+ just for the stock itself. In either case, both awesome guns, I'm very envious.

User Tag List