Thread: is this a sign ?

is this a sign ?

A local reloading supply received a small batch of primers. I had called to see if they had some powder and they said they had a good supply, I then said don't laugh but do you have any pistol primers?. The good man said no but it looks like we might be getting some on Tuesday, give us a call then.
    Tuesday came and I gave them a call the man said he was in the office and had not gotten the invoices from the receiving doc but he thought there were primers on the truck, call tomorrow and we should have received them and have them ready for sale. I gave a call the next day and the lady who answered said they had no pistol primers only shotgun. After the conversations I had the days before I told the wife I was taking the 20 mile drive because I could feel it in my bones they had primers, sure enough there were 4 boxes of CCI SPP and 4 boxes of LPP with a limit of 1000 per visit I asked if I could get 1000 of each and was told no, wish the wife would have gone along for the ride, I was happy to get the 1000 at $36.00.
    Really hope this is a sign things are getting better for us reloaders. 1 more thousand and I will will be able to ride this out for a while.
    Good luck on your searches and keep at it you might just get lucky like I did.

I wish I could say it was a sign, but I think the reloading gods just showed you a little mercy with some lady luck sprinkled on top.

Load’em up, run some drills.
    #RESIST

In general I believe reloading supplies will be the last concern as more money is made in loaded cartridges. At least that is what happened last time it seems like.

It's a sign of how you're going to buy primers for the foreseeable future.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I’d snatch em up quick. A guy on a local board is selling primers for $.20. No one will buy em but just tells you where people’s heads are at in this.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Another vote for luck, no sign. I'm down to my last 1k SPP and going to hold in reserve to give me future options on what to load. Same is true for my large pistol primers. In really good shape on rifle primers so I guess I'll shift to rifle shooting for my "sporting activities".

User Tag List