Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which electronic ear protection?

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    @BillSWPA
    @Jaywalker
    @RJ

I've always used Lithium batteries for MSA Sordin's.

Please advise - what's the most best Eneloop's for use with electronic ear pro and your preferred source for a complete rig/set up?

Thanks in advance...
    I use the Powerex MH-C9000 charger - lots of advantages once you learn what recharge rates work. For instance, if your AA Eneloop is 1900 milli-Amp, then you want to charge it at a rate of between 0.4 to 0.6 of 1900 (I use 1000 mA/hr rate) (500 mA/hr for AAA 800 mA batteries) - that means you can charge up to four batteries completely in about 2 hours. Or, you can condition battery to last longer by taking 40 hours. As I said, lots of choices.

Two linked advantages of rechargeables like Eneloop is that they "self-discharge" very slowly and therefore don't leak and ruin your electronics as easily as alkaline batteries. Related, since they don't discharge fast, you can leave them in your bedside ear-pro with pretty good assurance that they'll have power when you want them to.

I don't use Eneloops outside in my weather stations in the winter, however - that's a good place for Lithiums.

As a matter of interest, there are other rechargeable batteries than Eneloop, but when a big company bought them (Panasonic, IIRC) and tried to re-label them with the Panasonic brand they didn't sell. Panasonic had to reverse and label them Eneloop. I buy the regular strength 1900 mA AA and 800 mA AAA. Lots of recharge cycles in them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    @BillSWPA
    @Jaywalker
    @RJ

I've always used Lithium batteries for MSA Sordin's.

Please advise - what's the most best Eneloop's for use with electronic ear pro and your preferred source for a complete rig/set up?

Thanks in advance...
    I use the standard Eneloops in (not the Pro) in AA and AAA because these have the ability to retain a charge longest. I buy them from Battery Junction.

For C and D cells, I use Tenergy Centura. Many other NiMH cells in these sizes are very expensive, and these work well. Eneloop C and D are simply bundled AA and AAA.

My charger is a Powerex Maha 808M. This charger will handle up to 8 AA, AAA, C, or D cells, and will automatically charge each cell at the correct current.

I purchased my charger from Thomas Distributing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I use the Powerex MH-C9000 charger - lots of advantages once you learn what recharge rates work. For instance, if your AA Eneloop is 1900 milli-Amp, then you want to charge it at a rate of between 0.4 to 0.6 of 1900 (I use 1000 mA/hr rate) (500 mA/hr for AAA 800 mA batteries) - that means you can charge up to four batteries completely in about 2 hours. Or, you can condition battery to last longer by taking 40 hours. As I said, lots of choices.

Two linked advantages of rechargeables like Eneloop is that they "self-discharge" very slowly and therefore don't leak and ruin your electronics as easily as alkaline batteries. Related, since they don't discharge fast, you can leave them in your bedside ear-pro with pretty good assurance that they'll have power when you want them to.

I don't use Eneloops outside in my weather stations in the winter, however - that's a good place for Lithiums.

As a matter of interest, there are other rechargeable batteries than Eneloop, but when a big company bought them (Panasonic, IIRC) and tried to re-label them with the Panasonic brand they didn't sell. Panasonic had to reverse and label them Eneloop. I buy the regular strength 1900 mA AA and 800 mA AAA. Lots of recharge cycles in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I use the standard Eneloops in (not the Pro) in AA and AAA because these have the ability to retain a charge longest. I buy them from Battery Junction.

For C and D cells, I use Tenergy Centura. Many other NiMH cells in these sizes are very expensive, and these work well. Eneloop C and D are simply bundled AA and AAA.

My charger is a Powerex Maha 808M. This charger will handle up to 8 AA, AAA, C, or D cells, and will automatically charge each cell at the correct current.

I purchased my charger from Thomas Distributing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you both - good stuff.

SRS is now carrying Sordin Supreme Pro-X in "Ember" aka P-F orange. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    SRS is now carrying Sordin Supreme Pro-X in "Ember" aka P-F orange. Just sayin'...

I don’t need them but I sure do want them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I don’t need them but I sure do want them.
    Me either, and me too. The Sordins I got in the p-f Group Buy in 2014 from SRS Tactical are still 100% functional.

User Tag List