Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: One S&W Revolver

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    For the purposes of this thought experiment, is this “one revolver” or just “one Smith?”
    I don't have any real time in with LCRs or GP-100s, so I've limited it to Smiths. But sure, Rugers are up for consideration.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My "must do it all" choice would be my old 65-3 3" RB that the performance center worked over for me in the mid 90's back when they would take in any random work you wanted to send them.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Ok, probably not the 544.

Probably K frame and not L or N... it’s actually a pretty tough question.
    I don't believe that I've ever seen a 544.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

From your list, 4” 686. If Ruger’s are in play a 3” or 4” adjustable sight GP. If I can have 2, the second would be the same configuration SP101. In fact they would probably interchange 1a and 1b choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Ok, probably not the 544.

Probably K frame and not L or N... it’s actually a pretty tough question.
    An N Frame in a fanny pack with a Boy George button. Does it get anymore 80s than that?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have these five;

6" model 19-6 SB
    2.5" model 19-3 RB
    4" model 31-1 SB (32 Long)
    4" model 625-8 RB
    2" model 36-2 RB

Of all of those I probably shoot the model 19-3 snub the most. That would have to be the one, if there was only one. The only other model I don't have that I have an interest in would be an older model 10 snub with a RB.

I never realized I had so many until I put this list together.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm with the J-frame group. My only revolver right now is a 642 and I'm not going to give up the pocket pal I carry all the time to get a general purpose revolver that would sit in the safe.
    But I would trade up for an M&P340.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=GearFondler]

You would NOT be sorry. i'm learning to love nearly all revolvers, but the combination of components, plus the absolutely gorgeous finish (to me,YMMV) = the best. I admit, coming to terms with the fact, and failure of, trying to make it be a practical .357 Magnum - to match the barrel logo, was difficult, but necessary. Just a beautiful firearm right out of the box.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm with the J-frame group. My only revolver right now is a 642 and I'm not going to give up the pocket pal I carry all the time to get a general purpose revolver that would sit in the safe.

What do you keep it oiled with? I notice the line of corrosion around the side plate.

I've found Hornady One Shot cleaner/lube does better at keeping metal stuff in my garage from rusting than anything else I've tried in basically the same climate you have.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post

That's a slick looking pocket holster.
    Does it work as good as it looks?
    Maker?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    What do you keep it oiled with? I notice the line of corrosion around the side plate.

I've found Hornady One Shot cleaner/lube does better at keeping metal stuff in my garage from rusting than anything else I've tried in basically the same climate you have.
    I don’t think that’s corrosion. It’s either pocket lint in the crease or the clearcoat/anodizing breaking down.

The whole skin-side of my 642 is completely raw with oxidized aluminum because that factory finish is balls.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List