Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One S&W Revolver

My one s&w is a 442 currently.

I keep meaning to get a 65 for sentimental reasons.

Ok, probably not the 544.

Probably K frame and not L or N... it’s actually a pretty tough question.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TDA; 12-11-2020 at 11:30 PM.

If it’s one Smith & Wesson, meaning my Colt has snubs covered, then the one Smith is a 627 Pro Series. It can hunt and do USPSA duties.

If it’s one revolver, the a 3” Model 66. Covers all the bases and can be used to hunt with hard cast heavy loads if needed.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm down to M&P 340.

Got rid of K and N frames. Have GPs, BHs, and Contender barrels in .357. Have a .44 barrel for the Contender. Have DAO bottom feeders for size & weight in between GPs and the J.

Might pick up a stainless J again if prices come back down in a few years. Waffle a lot on barrel length.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have a snub 36, a 627 Pro, and two 642’s. I only carry the 642’s, so they would be “The One(s)”.

I could use my 2.75" m66-8 as my only handgun pretty easily.

From hunting, to uspsa, to self defense, to plinking.

Honestly, barring a red dawn/zombie apocalypse I could be pretty content with it as my only firearm.

But the same really could be said about nearly any .357 k frame for me. Even with a .38 with a 158gr swc @ 1100fps is so close I could probably be pretty content with a .38.

The bobbed 2" round butt model 10 in my waistband, right now. A 4" pencil barrel, square butt 10 with hammer spur would be a close runner-up even though that counts for nothing when picking one. The old F.B.I. 3" heavy barrel 13 with round butt and intact hammer spur in the form of a model 65 Ladysmith could be substituted for the skinny 4" if needed. But I do ever so slightly prefer the timeless look and effortless balance of the four inch pencil.

Were I not a revolver-packer, the selection would change to an 8 3/8" Target Masterpiece followed at a moderate gap by a Combat Masterpiece, stainless or blued. I enjoy shooting a model 14 more than any other handgun on the planet. The Combat Masterpiece is listed only in the event this theoretical me would occasionaly strap it on my hip.

Were I married to handgun hunting, 6" model 57.

If I've only got ONE, that rules out all the classic K Smiths, due to durability issues. The new K-frames would be fine. My 3" MR-88 or a Speed-Six 4" would be my choice, for durability, luckily, I've got a number of them.

2.75" Model 66.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I've never owned one, but if I could only have one and it had to be for all purposes, I think I'd go with a 3" M13 RB.

Target Wadcutters for CCW and Range
    Heavy WFN mag loads for Field/Hunting

Chris

User Tag List