Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: One S&W Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a Model 67, it is a nice shooter. There is a guy over in Fort Worth that has spare parts for them on eBay.
    Mind messaging a brother the dude's shop? The used hammer nose I just put in mine has a too-short firing pin so my 67 is still down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    S&W has made so many version of their revolvers it's difficult to keep up without a copy of the Standard Catalog handy. I keep telling myself I should get one for reference purposes but am scared it will enable me to spend part of the house payment acquiring some oddball version of a gun I already have, only not in the same color.
    Yeah, I bought a copy of Supica's S&W book just to try and keep stuff straight.

I got to meet him a couple of years ago when he was in town. I had loaned Darryl Bolke a pair of Farrant-tuned revolvers to display at the Smith and Wesson Collector's Association annual show. I wished I would have known he was going to be there, it would have been neat to have him sign my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Mind messaging a brother the dude's shop? The used hammer nose I just put in mine has a too-short firing pin so my 67 is still down.
    Of course! I got the stuff through eBay, and recalled that the guy was shipping from Fort Worth. Let me check my buying history and get his contact info for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I double-checked and you are absolutely correct. The barrel is pinned, but the cylinder in NOT recessed. I was wrong, and I thank you for the correction.

I was going to say something really stupid like "I have too many revolvers" but that is impossible!
    Only magnums had counterbored (recessed) chambers.

Rimfires, of course, still do.

Site Supporter
    Anyone noticed how S&W's Revolver website has turned into an almost "configurator" setup? Not a lot of options yet, but I guess I didn't realize the 60 came in a 3" currently until I saw the configurator option.

For those of you who wondered, like me, what a 24-3 Lew Horton 3" would look like:
    Name:  24-3.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  92.3 KB

It's one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen, up there with the 4" 29.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Anyone noticed how S&W's Revolver website has turned into an almost "configurator" setup? Not a lot of options yet, but I guess I didn't realize the 60 came in a 3" currently until I saw the configurator option.
    And you should definitely own a 3” magnum J-Frame. It’s absurdly nice to carry.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    And you should definitely own a 3” magnum J-Frame. It’s absurdly nice to carry.
    Just wish it was a fixed sight option on the 3"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    For those of you who wondered, like me, what a 24-3 Lew Horton 3" would look like:
    Name:  24-3.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  92.3 KB

It's one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen, up there with the 4" 29.
    Hmm. I could see me needing that.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Hmm. I could see me needing that.
    Ain't dat da troot!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List