Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nelson Precision Mfg Glock 44 RMR slide

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Think I finally found some ammo this thing likes. Aguila Super Extra, Aguila Interceptor and Remington Thunderbolt. It did not like the Federal stuff I tried the other day or Winchester Wildcat.
    That's too bad. I bought mine a couple of months ago to shoot some cheaper ammo and it is same size as my Glock 19. I have put about 2000 rounds thru mine of almost every ammo I can find except CCI Minimags because I knew it would shoot those. I have put lots of Federal of various grain weights, Aguilla, Winchester Wildcats, Remington Golden Bullet, and Blazer. Have not had a single failure to feed, fire, or eject on the gun at all. I have had a few fail to fire, but put the round back in and shot again and they always fired.

I have also had zero problems with first round feed due to magazine loading issues and I go out of my way to just throw the rounds in the mag and not try to align the nose of the first round upward.

Very happy with everything on it except I don't like stock Glock sights and have painted top edge of front and rear sights to give me a much better sight picture and POA. Had to adjust windage to the right a fair amount and did not want to try to move the sight so just used the adjustment.

Picture of painted sights...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    Not sure why I would want to spend another $220 on a target/practice pistol. What's the matter with the stock slide that this makes a significant improvement on ?
    I would not have bought it if I just shot irons. I tried a dovetail mount/red dot on the stock slide. Sucked. This setup, once I get the dot mounted, mirrors my duty/carry pistol.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Banned
    Last edited by HJB; 12-31-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    I guess so. I just don't need a red dot on my .22. I guess some people like them but I actually prefer metal sights. But, if that's what they want and they have the money, then go for it I guess.
    I think you are missing the point. This lets you have a .22 copy of a red dot G19 to train with during these times of $0.50/rd 9mm.

Following this thread closely. I don't have a G44 yet, but this may move it to the top of the list.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I would not have bought it if I just shot irons. I tried a dovetail mount/red dot on the stock slide. Sucked. This setup, once I get the dot mounted, mirrors my duty/carry pistol.
    Makes good sense.

This almost makes me consider a Glock 44.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    This almost makes me consider a Glock 44.
    I bought one because I have plenty of .22 ammo and my wife and I go shoot together but she shoots her S&W M&P 22 Compact, while I used to shoot my Glock 19.

Now I'm not shooting my Glock 19 much. Can't get and trying to save ammo. And the Glock 44 is same size as my Glock 19.

Was a little bit concerned about things I had read that people had trouble with such as finicky about ammo and feeding problems with the Glock mags. So, i bought one about 2 months ago and put all kinds of ammo through it. Have shot about 2000 rounds or more and had only a couple of fail to fires that were ammo issues I think, and no feed problems without even being careful of round position when I load the magazines.

Took a little bit to zero the sights and I hate the Glock stock sights so I did a little bit of "custom marking" on mine and now it is just great to shoot. Wife likes to even fire a few through it every time we go.

Got the Swampfox Justice mounted. The suppressor BUIS came with the slide.

Name:  736BAB44-7DBC-4C54-B8F3-75CD51A6CBD1.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  80.0 KB
    Name:  1844B8C1-044B-4F0B-8CC8-092F39CEB002.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  56.3 KB
    Name:  890EC354-B626-4BEA-89BF-19FA27F6E03B.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  52.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    These are available again, just got my order in.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    These are available again, just got my order in.
    I just saw that email myself. I was lucky when I got mine.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List