Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    On the BB side: 428,429 vs (ignored the 396 and 427, not as common as the) 454. Just a trend I’ve noticed since being a musclecar guy for the last 30 years.
    You forgot the 348 and 409. #geezermemories

With the gracious advice and time of a certain unnamed forum member, I got an excellent deal on this 3.5 XLT s-crew 4wd with the Max Tow Package. It’s hard to explain exactly how much power the 3.5 Ecoboost has, it’s insane.

Name:  CF368071-9D95-4752-BAD8-0114422D4280.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  53.3 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    You forgot the 348 and 409. #geezermemories
    Nah, didn’t forget, those old W-motors were never in the Camaros. Which, I guess I meant when I was referring to the Mustang’s competitors. Wanna get nerdy, You forgot the 366 BBC truck motor!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    this thread s timely. I'm particularly interested in experiences from folks with the EcoBoost from the 2019/2020 Raptor and Limited...
    I might know a guy...
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    With the gracious advice and time of a certain unnamed forum member, I got an excellent deal on this 3.5 XLT s-crew 4wd with the Max Tow Package. It’s hard to explain exactly how much power the 3.5 Ecoboost has, it’s insane.

Name:  CF368071-9D95-4752-BAD8-0114422D4280.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  53.3 KB
    I was researching the Dodge 3.0 Ecodiesel thinking I had missed something but you just sold me on the Max Tow Ecoboost.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I was researching the Dodge 3.0 Ecodiesel thinking I had missed something but you just sold me on the Max Tow Ecoboost.
    The towing/payload numbers don’t lie, plus no DEF bullshit. Did you see the Ford Trailer Backup Assist gadget?

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Ford did it right with the ecoboost and package accessories. Congrats

I put some serious highway miles on EB F150s.

PRO: Freakin sporty in Sport mode. First time I drove an unloaded 3.5L in S mode I had a grin from ear to ear. The 2.7L is no slouch either.

CON: I don't like the peaky torque or Ford's laggy response. Only 1.0mpg advantage in town or highway.

My current 2.7L is at 90k mi, has some oil burn off on startup. Our trucks are driven to 200k, most are 2.7L, not a single engine failure in the fleet. Although failing door position sensors and electronic e-brake stuff can drive you nuts.

Local dealerships won't take the earlier model 3.5L near 100k in trade due to timing chain stretch issues. Dealer mechanics have preferred the V8 for durability but it sounds like Ford has worked out the big issues.

Yeah, the EB Raptor is perky, but I hate the way they sound. I wish they'd offer an 8 again.

The towing/payload numbers don’t lie
    Yeah, can confirm...

Name:  Carver.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  65.7 KB

The towing/payload numbers don’t lie, plus no DEF bullshit.
    I just want to point out, the payload is where my 2013 3.5 runs short (4x4, 3.55 gears). I know they did a much better job on newer trucks, based on looking at the door jambs at the dealership). My Lariat is something like ~1150lbs of payload... which isn't much.

I have posted about it in the past, pictured below is my 32.5' TT. Empty is 6200 lbs, max gross is 7100lbs (which means a tongue weight up to 1050lbs...). Yada Yada Yada I figure I am very close to my max payload with just the family in the truck. I would NOT want to tow a 9500lb trailer with my rig. I would be limited to myself in the truck since payload would be maxed out.

This is the first gen 3.5 and I don't hear any weird sounds. I hope it runs through at least 150k miles. I am at 90k.

User Tag List