Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How's the Bluetooth phone integration on these newer trucks?

I generally hated the SYNC on my 2013 F350. The SYNC on my buddy's similar aged Raptor also sucked.
    It just works on SYNC 3.3 for me.
    #RESIST

Sorry for the thread drift. I'm not sure it's worth opening a new thread.

Anybody do any comparison research on GM's 5.3L EcoTec engines? I'm looking and downsizing from a Super Duty and I'm going back and forth between preowned Fords and GMs. Initial impressions are fairly even, though I find the GMs seem to have a bit better legroom.
    Buy whichever has the features that you like. I have friends that own Ram, Ford, and Chevy, and they are all happy with them for the most part. My neighbor has the Chevy with a 5.3 and is super happy with the mileage.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Just got my 2017 Explorer Ecoboost out of the shop. 82,000 miles and needed a new right lower control arm and two new front axle shafts. Seems awful early to me. Still love the 3.5 motor.

Necro thread.

You talked me into it.

2019 F-150 XLT, SCrew, 4x4, 3.5L EB, Max Tow. 6'6" bed. 39k.

Name:  IMG_5973.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  101.0 KB
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Necro thread.

You talked me into it.

2019 F-150 XLT, SCrew, 4x4, 3.5L EB, Max Tow. 6'6" bed. 39k.

Name:  IMG_5973.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  101.0 KB
    Very nice! I got an identical model with the exception of my FX4 addition to the Chrome Appearance Package.

David S.

I don’t own it, but I drive a 2020 F150 Police Responder 3.5 Ecoboost for work. Have a little over 30k on it and no issues so far.
    Definitely moves out better than the Explorer we have (2018).

I’ll still keep driving it when we get our new Explorer next year.
    I have rank and seniority on my side for squad choice. Lol.

Site Supporter
    Bringing this one back up to the top. Its shock time for my ’18 and in doing my PF research, I saw the recommended Bilstein 5100s. Looking for the appropriate deals on the tuner sites, I came across a great deal for the next step up, the 6112s. Stage 3 has a setup including the rear shocks for only $25 over the front coil over set. Free shipping as well.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/s3...1-package.html

I’ll submit the appropriate pictures when completed.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Bringing this one back up to the top. Its shock time for my ’18 and in doing my PF research, I saw the recommended Bilstein 5100s. Looking for the appropriate deals on the tuner sites, I came across a great deal for the next step up, the 6112s. Stage 3 has a setup including the rear shocks for only $25 over the front coil over set. Free shipping as well.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/s3...1-package.html

I’ll submit the appropriate pictures when completed.
    Speaking as a Raptor owner, shock upgrades are wonderful. One of the best parts about my Raptor is the ride.

Name:  IMG_8299.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  95.8 KB
    #RESIST

133,000 on my 2017 3.5 Ecoboost now. No engine problems as of yet but I fear that may be over. A couple of nights ago my daughter hit a deer with it and besides the body damage it was spraying coolant all over. It should be repairable but I have seen too many times ongoing problems after something like this.

User Tag List