Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

The headlights in my fancy 2013, HIDs, have been great. Nerd alert: I installed clear film over them and they are still perfect to this day.

The reverse lights are terrible. I have to tap the brakes to get more light out back.

I ran this light plugged into my 7-pin for a few years but it died, then I misplaced it. While it was working it was great and I always threatened to either buy it again or install a more permanent solution.

https://www.etrailer.com/Lights/Blaz...RoCfX4QAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I ran this light plugged into my 7-pin
    Thanks for that tip!
    I plan to do one of those LED strips but this is quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Congrats and told ya so

I just got 20MPG with wife, two kids, luggage, and a German Shepherd at 78-80ish to Wyoming.
    Name:  67A8DFAE-7D06-4FD2-9A24-381231BDEF27.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  16.5 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That’s pretty much exactly what I’d want, right down to the color.

But I just opted to spend $1100 on new tires for the RAM which, in my mind buys me either 3 months (two months worth of new payment equivalent t to break even, one month to get ahead) or another 4 years (16k miles/year on average to date, 70k mile rating on new tires).

The 2025 F150 should be badass!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    The headlights in my fancy 2013, HIDs, have been great. Nerd alert: I installed clear film over them and they are still perfect to this day.

The reverse lights are terrible. I have to tap the brakes to get more light out back.

I ran this light plugged into my 7-pin for a few years but it died, then I misplaced it. While it was working it was great and I always threatened to either buy it again or install a more permanent solution.

https://www.etrailer.com/Lights/Blaz...RoCfX4QAvD_BwE

I upgraded my reverse lights to brighter LED's...it's working well for me so far.
    3/15/2016

I totally did a stoplight drag race two days ago against a Silverado, he initiated, and was cool about losing. I know, very mature
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I totally did a stoplight drag race two days ago against a Silverado, he initiated, and was cool about losing. I know, very mature
    My buddy had one with the big bad Duramax, leaving the gun club one day he expected a different outcome (and yeah, we are both old enough to be this "mature" you speak of...). He proceeded to spend thousands of dollars creating a beast that he was scared would scatter the torque converter or lift pump every time he cranked up the tune, and as the EPA crackdown started he was then was afraid to drive it out of town.

So he sold it and did this:
    Name:  Rousch.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  43.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I upgraded my reverse lights to brighter LED's...it's working well for me so far.
    What did you buy?

A quick amazon search found these:
    https://www.amazon.com/LEDpartsNow-R.../dp/B014TUJ1ME

Higher dollar LEDs:
    https://www.americantrucks.com/vivid...t-1116all.html
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 04-06-2021 at 03:02 PM.

We're two weeks and about 600 miles in to our 2017 3.5 Ecoboost. About 350 of that was a trip out to the eastern Columbia River Gorge. We've put maybe 30 or 40 miles on "unimproved roads."

Overall gas mileage since we got it has been 18.6. We were in the 20s on the Interstate. I'm pretty damn happy with that. We were a couple hundred miles in when I realized the tires were grossly under inflated. They are BFG KO2 LT tires, inflated to 32 psi IAW the door sticker. Once I aired them up to the proper 50 we saw better handling and mileage. They don't look like they have been run under inflated for long, so I'm guessing when it was traded in the Oompa Loompas at the dealership said "wow there's too much air in these" and aired them down.

I really like these tires now that they are aired correctly. I was curious how the aluminum back end would behave unloaded. We traveled some heavily washboarded gravel roads and the back end stayed planted at any speed reasonable for a grown man to drive with his family in the truck.

The FX4 package is ok. I primarily bought it for the rear locker, as that's not something I'd want to do an aftermarket install. We don't do any serious wheeling, so I'm ok with the factory skid plates. They don't add much weight, and are more there for an "oopsie" to keep us from busting an oil pan, etc. I think they are pretty much capable of taking one solid hit, and I'm fine with that. I'm lukewarm on the shocks. We'll see how it does with some weight in the back.

The back seat is cavernous, and I wonder how many people flip the back seats up and say "yep, we're buying this one." The kiddo and doggo are pleased.

The truck handles like a big car, and the engine performance is impressive. If you're going 60 in the right hand lane on I84 and need to pass a Prius, you just do your lane change, and pretty much instantly you're going 80. I'm gonna have to watch my right foot.

I've just towed our little pop up a-frame up and down the driveway (which is more of an adventure than it sounds) to make sure the brake controller and whatnot works. I'm not setting up the trailer backup system with the stickers and such on this trailer, because our new one should be available Soon™. Apparently there was a foam shortage, and it's just now being shipped.

We're eschewing a camper shell on this one, and going with a Backflip, bed matt, a Swingcase on the back passenger side of the bed, and Built Right MOLLE panels in the rest of the bed. We're not going to do the full "overland" work up because I think roof top tents are stupid, but we'll definitely use it as a base vehicle for trips where the roads are too rough for the trailer.

I feel like I should be posting all this on one of the F150 dedicated forums, but they remind me of GlockTalk and make me tired. I got better information, more quickly, right here. Maybe we should rename this competency-forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List