Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

I also have a Bakflip.
    Have you been pretty happy with the Bakflip? I'm in the Pacific Northwet, so something as waterproof as possible would be great.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Any good Amazon or similar solution for front window tint to match the rears?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Have you been pretty happy with the Bakflip? I'm in the Pacific Northwet, so something as waterproof as possible would be great.
    Yes, sorta.
    As far as keeping water out of the bed, I guess it does but I had low expectation there since I had four holes from when the cap had been mounted. Coming from several Suburbans that we had over the span of several decades, I was glad to just have a truck that could tolerate a little water (or spilled mower gas) and never worried about it. But when the installer saw the four little holes they told me they couldn't assure me the bed would stay dry, like I guess that is what people expect.

One concern I have is it seems like maybe it is heavier than it started out, but at my age over six years I might be weaker
    FWIW my truck has to sit outside, it is too long for the garage (I used this as an excuse to get a fun car...).

When I bought six years ago there were just starting to be some alternatives to consider, but then (I think still) the 8' bed options were scarce. So I am happy in general but I would recommend you shop all of the brands.

As far as the concept of the folder, I would do that again. It is a bit of a PITA in the winter because it won't fold until you brush the snow off. And I think they have improved the seal across the back, but mine will freeze and I have to use something to break it loose before I can get the tailgate open now and then. But if I replace it I will shop for what is the lightest, opening the whole bed to haul an ATV or motorcycle or snowmobile requires leaning it up against the cab, something that is OK to bring home a piece of furniture but I do not like it for a road trip. Not a big deal for my long bed because it will probably just stay on there with one panel folded, but the one time I took it off it was a two person job to get it back on.

The day I rode my motorcycle to pick it up I could get the tailgate closed without the Bakflip:
    Name:  F150 July 2014.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  61.5 KB

But with it on the snowmobile was probably a foot from the front, but it is (was, just sold...) too long anyway so NBD:
    Name:  GaylordMI.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  63.0 KB

If we get a fifth wheel I am pretty sure our long bed is long enough to keep it in place while towing, and that would be nice to be able to close up the bed and not look like a tourist.

Can we just buy one of those on the consumer market?

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Will be a great test of the truck EB motors. Popo are not easy on state owned stuff. Sgt. friend at local PD said no more EB explorers for them. Too many problems/downtime.

Local Ford dealer says only delivering Hybrid Explorers any more to PD's. (Hybrid has a bit more power than standard motor)

Those of you looking at having a larger fuel tank installed... if you have the virtual gas gauge how do you reprogram it to know there is a larger tank?

Anyone gone from an F-150 to a new Explorer? Specifically the ST. Regrets?

Traded in the 2001 last night for a 2017 3.5L SuperCrew XLT, with FX4, tow package, 36 gal tank and various other goodies. Color is "Mid-Life Crisis Metallic Red" so this is the first attractive vehicle I've ever owned.

I was vicariously prepared for a different driving experience, but good grief this thing is going to be difficult to drive like an adult.

Once I settled down a little and turned on the cruise control, we got 21 MPG on the 60 mile trip back home on the highway. That's according to the vehicle computer, and no cargo but my daughter's bag of books, but even if it's off by 10% to 15%, it's still a huge improvement over my 2001.

ETA: This is "pistol-forum" and not "truck-forum," but this thread has been helpful. The signal to noise ratio is much better than the various F150 and truck related forums, which very much remind me of GlockTalk. Thanks!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Very nice. I have nearly the same truck except 2016 model year and Navy Blue. To date, it has been the best truck I have ever owned. [knock on wood]
    I was vicariously prepared for a different driving experience, but good grief this thing is going to be difficult to drive like an adult.
    Put the truck in Sport Mode (button on the side of the shifter) and be 16 years old again even if for just 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Very nice. I have nearly the same truck except 2016 model year and Navy Blue. To date, it has been the best truck I have ever owned. [knock on wood]

Put the truck in Sport Mode (button on the side of the shifter) and be 16 years old again even if for just 5 minutes.
    When I was 16 I had a Plymouth Horizon!

When I was 16 I had a Plymouth Horizon!
    I bet you drove it like it had a sport mode. ;-)

User Tag List