Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oddly enough, Ford isn't the only truck manufacturer that isn't installing rear wheel well liners. I bought these Huskys and installed them after making sure everything they were covering was clean and rust free, and I'm glad I bought them. Really easy install.
    yeah it's pretty nuts that it's an option so often. It's the same way on the Transit (which is also available with the Ecoboost and reportedly surprisingly quick when equipped with it)
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    How many kids ya got? There are two dinette options and they both drop down into a bed.
    Two, weird I researched that and didn’t see it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, I am sure they are packing batteries (space and weight...) into where the bigger tank would have been. I am pretty much Cold Dead Hands when it comes to the big tank, but if they swapped it out for batteries that boosted my range, and the thing worked like a genset, that has my attention. As mentioned elsewhere we are just starting to shop for a camper, and having something that the trailer could be plugged into the truck for an overnight stay and when I turned on the Keurig in the morning it started up the (quiet) truck automatically, that would have a lot of appeal. Getting an extra few thousand pounds started from a stop, and regenerative braking, would just be bonus.

Since I did mention it we are thinking this might meet our needs:
    https://escapetrailer.com/the-5-0-escape/
    Two year wait list. When I first found out I thought holy hell, and a couple seconds later I realized that would be just about perfect, owning the thing now would just be a PITA, 24mo from now would be pretty sweet. And our current truck, the 2014 long bed extended cab 3.5EB with the max payload and trailer packages (integrated brake controller, big mirrors, 36gal tank) would be just right.

I do not need, nor am I gonna buy a new truck, but this has opened my eyes. Like many Pistol-Forum threads, I have converted from That Is Dumb to I Want One in just the span of a few posts...
    That is a cool trailer.

It has some nice features, especially in the kitchen, which is a little more like a home kitchen with the stainless an formica, than an RV kitchen. You pay a weight penalty for all that, but it is nice.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That is a cool trailer.

It has some nice features, especially in the kitchen, which is a little more like a home kitchen with the stainless an formica, than an RV kitchen. You pay a weight penalty for all that, but it is nice.
    I like the no leaks thing and the fifth wheel. Plus, a 3.5 Ecoboost will laugh at that trailer.
    #RESIST

Two, weird I researched that and didn’t see it.
    I only know from following the FB group and seeing some YT video.

There is a config with two benches or a u-shape i think.

We are probably going to put down the deposit. They take $2k to schedule you a slot. You have until 3mo out to commit, if you bail they keep $150.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I like the no leaks thing and the fifth wheel. Plus, a 3.5 Ecoboost will laugh at that trailer.
    I also like the compact size and moderate weight. I do not want some monster that we drag someplace and stay for an extended time. Once we are retired I see us spending 4-5 days going someplace, spending 4-5 days there, and spend 4-5 days getting back. I want something that is not a big chore to drive, and yeah I figure the 3.5EB should be able to manage on cruise control.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oops, doubled posted...

We need to get this new trailer picked up and sorted, then we'll move on to a truck. We'll likely start looking in June, but if the right ride comes along before then, we might pounce on it.

How are y'all organizing your truck beds? The 2001 S-crew I've been driving came with a raider canopy/topper/cap/shell (pick your nomenclature). I've never been happy with the yard sale of shit I have floating around back there, and all the high-speed organizational systems aren't available for a truck that old.

I carry an axe, saw, shovel, fire extinguisher, some recovery gear, tools, and etc. The truck sees about 50% of its time on shitty national forest roads, and the other 40% towing a trailer.

I'm considering a folding, hard tonneau cover, a swing out toolbox on one side, and some Built Right Molle Panels on the other side of the bed right now. The only real compelling reason for us to have a camper shell is to sleep in the back. The only time I would do that Is when I was out solo during hunting season, and frankly the cost delta between a decent hard folding tonneau cover and a shell will almost buy me a hot tent with a folding titanium wood stove.

I considered the Decked system, but it just doesn't seem to be an efficient use of space.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

One of the reasons I'd really like to "upgrade" to a new RAM to replace my 2016 RAM is to get the RAMbox storage bins over the rear wheels.

Barring that, I've installed one of these and likely to go with a second if I keep the current truck or if I get a Ford instead of a RAM
    https://www.swingcase.us/

I love the idea of Decked but from having drawer systems before the reach and level change from the tailgate to the top of the drawer system sucks. Sliding things in/out is nowhere near as easy when the tailgate isn't the same level as the load floor.

Funnily enough, something that the multifunction tailgate from RAM also addresses.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    How are y'all organizing your truck beds?
    Pretty simple, I have a couple of these Stanley tool boxes pushed up against the front of the bed, and a couple of 2x12s in the divider slots stamped into the sides of the bed. I used 2x12 so they would be as tall as the tool boxes, that way I can slide eight foot lumber and sheets all the way forward and close the tailgate. But damn, they were heavy (pretty sure I used treated lumber) so I shot a bunch 4" hole saw holes in them to make them lighter and easier to grab. And I keep some of those bendable cord wraps around so I can tie things into position on top of the 2x12s. With the tool boxes in front I have plenty of room for my three ShootSteel.com conduit based plate racks and targets, and behind the rear one is a great space for groceries.

I also have a Bakflip.

User Tag List