Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    As I understand it, the tank on the Powerboost is the stock tank which is 26 gallons.
    The linked video showed 30gal:
    Name:  30gal.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  31.4 KB

Not a big difference, but maybe 90 miles.
    ETA: From the video saying 31+ more like 125mi.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    The linked video showed 30gal:
    Name:  30gal.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  31.4 KB

Not a big difference, but maybe 90 miles.
    ETA: From the video saying 31+ more like 125mi.
    that's good news, I suppose, but I haven't been able to add any larger tanks in the "build & price". Although he has, I think, an XL and I've been pricing XLTs and Lariats.

ETA:
    here's what happens on the "build n price". Maybe by choosing the Powerboost you automatically get a 30 gallon tank? I think the options otherwise are 26 or 36. I'd certainly be happy with a 30 over the 26.

Name:  2021-03-08 10_29_39-F-150 - Build & Price.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  27.7 KB
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-08-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    here's what happens on the "build n price". Maybe by choosing the Powerboost you automatically get a 30 gallon tank? I think the options otherwise are 26 or 36. I'd certainly be happy with a 30 over the 26.
    Yeah, I am sure they are packing batteries (space and weight...) into where the bigger tank would have been. I am pretty much Cold Dead Hands when it comes to the big tank, but if they swapped it out for batteries that boosted my range, and the thing worked like a genset, that has my attention. As mentioned elsewhere we are just starting to shop for a camper, and having something that the trailer could be plugged into the truck for an overnight stay and when I turned on the Keurig in the morning it started up the (quiet) truck automatically, that would have a lot of appeal. Getting an extra few thousand pounds started from a stop, and regenerative braking, would just be bonus.

Since I did mention it we are thinking this might meet our needs:
    https://escapetrailer.com/the-5-0-escape/
    Two year wait list. When I first found out I thought holy hell, and a couple seconds later I realized that would be just about perfect, owning the thing now would just be a PITA, 24mo from now would be pretty sweet. And our current truck, the 2014 long bed extended cab 3.5EB with the max payload and trailer packages (integrated brake controller, big mirrors, 36gal tank) would be just right.

I do not need, nor am I gonna buy a new truck, but this has opened my eyes. Like many Pistol-Forum threads, I have converted from That Is Dumb to I Want One in just the span of a few posts...

looks like yes, the Powerboost gets it's own proprietary 30.6 gallon tank

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thre...ank-size.1150/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, I am sure they are packing batteries (space and weight...) into where the bigger tank would have been. I am pretty much Cold Dead Hands when it comes to the big tank, but if they swapped it out for batteries that boosted my range, and the thing worked like a genset, that has my attention. As mentioned elsewhere we are just starting to shop for a camper, and having something that the trailer could be plugged into the truck for an overnight stay and when I turned on the Keurig in the morning it started up the (quiet) truck automatically, that would have a lot of appeal. Getting an extra few thousand pounds started from a stop, and regenerative braking, would just be bonus.

Since I did mention it we are thinking this might meet our needs:
    https://escapetrailer.com/the-5-0-escape/
    Two year wait list. When I first found out I thought holy hell, and a couple seconds later I realized that would be just about perfect, owning the thing now would just be a PITA, 24mo from now would be pretty sweet. And our current truck, the 2014 long bed extended cab 3.5EB with the max payload and trailer packages (integrated brake controller, big mirrors, 36gal tank) would be just right.

I do not need, nor am I gonna buy a new truck, but this has opened my eyes. Like many Pistol-Forum threads, I have converted from That Is Dumb to I Want One in just the span of a few posts...
    Man, that looks nice. Wish it had another bed for the kids.
    #RESIST

For RV users (and some other applications) I wonder if/when Ford will be including the generators on the Super Duties?

Oddly enough, Ford isn't the only truck manufacturer that isn't installing rear wheel well liners. I bought these Huskys and installed them after making sure everything they were covering was clean and rust free, and I'm glad I bought them. Really easy install.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Man, that looks nice. Wish it had another bed for the kids.
    How many kids ya got? There are two dinette options and they both drop down into a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oddly enough, Ford isn't the only truck manufacturer that isn't installing rear wheel well liners. I bought these Huskys and installed them after making sure everything they were covering was clean and rust free, and I'm glad I bought them. Really easy install.
    Mine were a factory option, and probably cost about the same, if anybody is ordering.

User Tag List