Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm kind of ambivalent about many of the byzantine array of options, but that 36 gallon tank made my ears perk up. When we are in the backcountry, I like having as much gas on board as possible.
    For what it’s worth, some folks have switched out their standard tanks to the 36 gallon tank and it doesn’t look too hard.
    #RESIST

And if you are switching i have heard there is a 40-42 aftermarket option.

My buddy that went for Coyote with a Roush supercharger has been shopping them to replace his 26gal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

A quick Google search suggests the tank would be about $2K. I'll need to do a deep dive to figure out what it would mean as far as crash safety and etc.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

A quick Google search suggests the tank would be about $2K.
    That sounds about double to what my buddy was quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This makes me really want a powerboost!

Everything makes me want a PowerBoost: performance, mileage, ProPower. I had originally thought that the ProPower was going to be a really niche, "people will get it and then never use it" thing, but...damn. Run any of your home's major systems. Charge your boat's batteries. Automatic on/off on the engine to manage it, and the entirety of your truck's fuel supply to keep it going in an emergency. It's a feature I'm absolutely going to get, and likely the 36-gallon tank if I can, too.

A quick Google search suggests the tank would be about $2K. I'll need to do a deep dive to figure out what it would mean as far as crash safety and etc.
    I wouldn’t worry about crash safety, Ford’s been doing this big gas tank a long time, it ain’t their first rodeo. Honestly, a newer F150 is gonna be way safer than your 2001 with all of the airbags and whatnot.
    #RESIST

One downside to the PowerBoost trucks is payload, particularly on the optioned up trucks. I believe my 2016 XLT has a payload of around 1750lbs. Looking at some of the door stickers of PowerBoost trucks online the payload is in the 1300 lb range. That could cause some folks problems depending on intended use.

The 36 gallon tank is not available on the PowerBoost, I think it is only available with a 30 gallon tank.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about crash safety, Ford’s been doing this big gas tank a long time, it ain’t their first rodeo. Honestly, a newer F150 is gonna be way safer than your 2001 with all of the airbags and whatnot.
    I just realized the 40 some gallon tank I Googled up was aftermarket. If I did a tank swap, I would buy the Ford tank for exactly the reasons you just said.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    and likely the 36-gallon tank if I can, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    The 36 gallon tank is not available on the PowerBoost, I think it is only available with a 30 gallon tank.
    As I understand it, the tank on the Powerboost is the stock tank which is 26 gallons. And there are no options for increased tank sizes. To me, it’s not really an issue. My current RAM with a 32 gallon tank gets me around 500 miles, and I try to always fill up at half tank in normal situations. The Powerboost, I would think, should come close to the same range.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I had originally thought that the ProPower was going to be a really niche, "people will get it and then never use it" thing, but...damn. Run any of your home's major systems. Charge your boat's batteries. Automatic on/off on the engine to manage it, and the entirety of your truck's fuel supply to keep it going in an emergency.
    Hmmmmmmm, plug the camper in and run the air conditioner overnight at a truck stop...

User Tag List