Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Those turbos are a game changer, especially at altitude.
    Wishlist: 5.3L Ecoboost with appropriate turbos. Seems like a simple swap! Just switch the numbers around. Seriously, it would fix literally the only shortcoming of the 3.5; the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Wishlist: 5.3L Ecoboost with appropriate turbos. Seems like a simple swap! Just switch the numbers around. Seriously, it would fix literally the only shortcoming of the 3.5; the sound.
    How about a supercharged V8?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...r-r-confirmed/
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Meh, it’ll be a beast, but I’m done with roots blowers on street cars. Heat soak is a b1t?h. I had my fill of it on a built Cobra from 05-08. It was beautiful with ice in the tank. On the road I’d lose about a hundred hp. And the struggle was real fighting belt slip too. Turbos, man! They are truth!

Eta: none of the above would prevent me from absolutely loving having the truck you linked to😉

and then the going rumor is that the new "Lightning" will be "more powerful Raptor R".

which, of course, has me assuming it'll also be more expensive...

and wishing there was actual inventory of the F150 hybrid. Or, maybe not, as I'd likely be unable to resist the temptation.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    and then the going rumor is that the new "Lightning" will be "more powerful Raptor R".

which, of course, has me assuming it'll also be more expensive...

and wishing there was actual inventory of the F150 hybrid. Or, maybe not, as I'd likely be unable to resist the temptation.
    Yeah, I think they nailed it with the PowerBoost.
    #RESIST

Car and Driver PowerBoost review.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
    #RESIST

wishing there was actual inventory of the F150 hybrid.
    It is funny, but this is the first thing in a long time that really cranked me up about a new vehicle. That they took the powertrain I already know and love and ADDED torque makes me want to do something silly. Then they threw in the integrated genset that would enable making coffee and cocktails on the tailgate, I mean run power tools. I do not need a truck that will 0-60 in 5.6sec. Want, on the other hand...

Or, maybe not, as I'd likely be unable to resist the temptation.
    Yeah, the paid off 2014 with less than 90k on it sitting in the driveway is giving me the side eye just for typing this. Replacing that thing would would be reckless, we paid it off, now it is time to wear it out, let the adventure begin!

But another thing that holds me back is the extended cab fits our needs perfectly and the hybrid is only configured in the crew. If they did do it in an extended cab I could also build a rational for maybe getting one that would also fit in my garage and turn around without tugboats, but I am also getting used the eight foot bed.

Oh well, they don't make what I want so I am going to use what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It is funny, but this is the first thing in a long time that really cranked me up about a new vehicle. That they took the powertrain I already know and love and ADDED torque makes me want to do something silly. Then they threw in the integrated genset that would enable making coffee and cocktails on the tailgate, I mean run power tools. I do not need a truck that will 0-60 in 5.6sec. Want, on the other hand...

Yeah, the paid off 2014 with less than 90k on it sitting in the driveway is giving me the side eye just for typing this. Replacing that thing would would be reckless, we paid it off, now it is time to wear it out, let the adventure begin!

But another thing that holds me back is the extended cab fits our needs perfectly and the hybrid is only configured in the crew. If they did do it in an extended cab I could also build a rational for maybe getting one that would also fit in my garage and turn around without tugboats, but I am also getting used the eight foot bed.

Oh well, they don't make what I want so I am going to use what I got.
    Lol, I have been down this path in the last 2 weeks. My 2013 is paid off and has 93k miles. But then the big coolant leak happens and I am like, time to junk her for a Hybrid!

The Hybrid Crew is perfect for me. I can drive over to the travel trailer and use the truck if I need AC power, vice taking the small generator (which just died). It has more payload than my 2013 and can pull what I need. Better mileage etc. But another monthly payment... ugh, no thanks.

I am keeping the 2013 and its getting fixed as we speak. The good news, all that special fluid they put in to see the leak pointed to the water pump after I drove it around for a week, not the pax side turbo. So hopefully the repair bill is half the previous estimate and I get a new water pump for my troubles.

Is this bad??? haha

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    The Hybrid Crew is perfect for me. I can drive over to the travel trailer and use the truck if I need AC power, vice taking the small generator (which just died). It has more payload than my 2013 and can pull what I need.
    We do not even have a camper, but am thinking about a camper, but if I had a truck that could run my coffee maker in the camper I would for damn sure run right out and get a camper, that is just how my pea brain works!

@mmc45414 shoot me a PM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List