Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    36 gallon tank is a must, should come standard with the tow package. I’ll never have a truck without a big tank like this again.
    It's a downside on the "hybrid" that you can't get it. I think the tank on my RAM is the 32 which was the max at that time. Been really nice to have.

The hybrid gets better mileage, but I don't think it makes up for the smaller tank. I can't even remember what the "small" tank size is in the F150 to be able todo the ciphering. But I think the regular ecoboost is 20 mpg epa and the hybrid is 24...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I have a Ram 1500 with a V6 which is good for 500+ miles unloaded, but a 36-gallon tank would be nice.
    If I keep my foot out of it, I can see 700+ miles.
    #RESIST

If you want to see real world numbers, bum around this place for a bit:
    https://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/f-150

There are only 3 hybrids being tracked for 2021, so not a lot info. But its better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It's a downside on the "hybrid" that you can't get it. I think the tank on my RAM is the 32 which was the max at that time. Been really nice to have.

The hybrid gets better mileage, but I don't think it makes up for the smaller tank. I can't even remember what the "small" tank size is in the F150 to be able todo the ciphering. But I think the regular ecoboost is 20 mpg epa and the hybrid is 24...
    Looks like the "small" tank is 26 gallons. so if we just use the epa numbers, assuming that both will have different real-world numbers...

ecoboost: 20 mpg x 36 gal = 720
    powerboost: 24 mpg x 26 gal = 624

I think my current RAM gets me about 600 on a tank, although I'm kind of rabid about re-fueling at half a tank.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The hardest part about getting good mileage out of an Ecoboost F150 is the fun to drive factor. Goosing the throttle and getting pushed back in the seat hard is too much fun.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    36 gallon tank is a must, should come standard with the tow package. I’ll never have a truck without a big tank like this again.
    I'm kind of ambivalent about many of the byzantine array of options, but that 36 gallon tank made my ears perk up. When we are in the backcountry, I like having as much gas on board as possible.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Take a look at this torque curve. Not a lot of peaks and dips

Name:  f11cda98ddb335b5ac2ae97328915a19.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  52.5 KB
    #RESIST

Has anyone switched from P to LT tires on their EcoBoost, and if so, how did it affect your gas mileage?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Has anyone switched from P to LT tires on their EcoBoost, and if so, how did it affect your gas mileage?
    My truck is a 2016 Super Crew XLT 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4 with a 3.55 rear end. It came from the factory with C rated all-terrains in 275/65R18's . I recently purchased new tires and I stuck with C-rated, same size, but I went with a different brand all-terrain. The mileage has not appeared to affected with the computer displayed average of 17.7 mpg. When I was looking at new tires I considered getting LT tires but I was concerned with the weight. My factory tires were ~50lbs. In looking across different manufactures there was a pretty wide variation in published E-rated tire weights in the size I was looking (50-62 lbs). When I have switched to E-rated tires on previous half-ton trucks it seems to drop the mileage by ~1.5 mpg. I would expect it to be the same with the Ecoboost. However, I have not fully accepted the new thinking in regards to truck rear end ratios (i.e. that you no longer need a 3.73 or a 4.10) so I was a bit more concerned about tire weight when selecting my new tires than I have been with previous trucks.

FWIW, this is the best towing half-ton truck I have ever owned.

And the 38 gallon tank should be standard on everything.

This makes me really want a powerboost!

User Tag List