Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Nice truck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm lukewarm on the shocks. We'll see how it does with some weight in the back.
    Mine rides noticeably better with load in the bed. With a heavy trailer I do prefer the old heavier steel body to keep the truck more planted but as long as I get the hitch/load adjust properly it’s fine. Just more sensitive to variation than the older trucks.
    Maybe we should rename this competency-forum.
    That is a capital idea.

Mine had its semi-annual bath tonight.

Name:  45C087BD-6204-4EC3-B894-162806845413.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  92.2 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    What did you buy?

A quick amazon search found these:
    https://www.amazon.com/LEDpartsNow-R.../dp/B014TUJ1ME

Higher dollar LEDs:
    https://www.americantrucks.com/vivid...t-1116all.html
    I bought these:

https://www.f150leds.com/collections...ee_reverse_led

I upgraded the headlights, too...much better:

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...2_2?quantity=1
    Last edited by TCinVA; 04-06-2021 at 09:34 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I upgraded my reverse lights to brighter LED's...it's working well for me so far.
    Wait. What did you get insofar as an F150?
    #RESIST

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wait. What did you get insofar as an F150?
    2014 F150 STX with the 5.0.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    2014 F150 STX with the 5.0.
    Solid, solid choice.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I can absolutely recommend upgrading cloth seats to leather with Katzkin leather upholstery. If you are slightly mechanically inclined or greater you can do the install and save $1000-1400. I purchased mine from https://www.touchupsautomotive.com and have nothing but good to say about the product, price, and communication with the seller. Took me about three evenings working about two hours per. I could cut the time in half now that I have done it once. Also, I was able to save the original seat materials which took extra time and effort. Warning though - your fingers will hurt so bad you can’t button your pants!! But definitely worth it.

Name:  CBAE3B5D-8B26-4388-B3D7-A57884E11DC9.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  33.4 KB
    Last edited by TOTS; 04-11-2021 at 08:49 PM.

I strongly recommend these Husky rear wheel well liners. They work well and honestly look good. Good investment to protest your rear undercarriage. Easy install.
    #RESIST

I am at 92,000 miles. The other day I got on the gas to get out in front of traffic and around 5000 rpm it started to almost feel like the rear tires were searching for grip. The check engine light blinked and then extinguished.

Sounds like a misfire from the manual and my bluetooth OBD didn't find any codes in history, I wish it was plugged in at the time. I have since tried some higher RPM acceleration and it has started to bobble above 5k rpm, but no check engine light.

Bought 6 sparkplugs (Motorcraft SP-580) and plan to install this Friday. They are supposed to come gapped around .030-.031 which is perfect for the 3.5L Ecoboost. But some had more gap which I addressed, all gapped to .030 as best I can. I am hoping that some of the plugs look bad on the way out because I am not sure how to troubleshoot the coils.

The plugs are supposed to be replaced at 100k anyways, so we got pretty close. Towing 6500lbs of trailer this Saturday so I wanted to be sure it was making good power before the trip.

Bam, got em replaced. Ford said they wanted $300 to replace them, which seemed silly. Got the plugs for $7 each, watched youtube, and voila.

I did a quick test run and all seems fine up to 5000rpm.

All the old plugs had a gap around .040, which I assume is normal wear and tear? Or maybe they were gapped more than .030-.032 from the factory and it contributed to my less than stellar mileage???

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I am at 92,000 miles. The other day I got on the gas to get out in front of traffic and around 5000 rpm it started to almost feel like the rear tires were searching for grip. The check engine light blinked and then extinguished.

Sounds like a misfire from the manual and my bluetooth OBD didn't find any codes in history, I wish it was plugged in at the time. I have since tried some higher RPM acceleration and it has started to bobble above 5k rpm, but no check engine light.

Bought 6 sparkplugs (Motorcraft SP-580) and plan to install this Friday. They are supposed to come gapped around .030-.031 which is perfect for the 3.5L Ecoboost. But some had more gap which I addressed, all gapped to .030 as best I can. I am hoping that some of the plugs look bad on the way out because I am not sure how to troubleshoot the coils.

The plugs are supposed to be replaced at 100k anyways, so we got pretty close. Towing 6500lbs of trailer this Saturday so I wanted to be sure it was making good power before the trip.
    All the dudes on the ecoboost forum recommend plug replacement every 50k on those engines. They eat plugs.

User Tag List