Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Speaking as a Raptor owner, shock upgrades are wonderful. One of the best parts about my Raptor is the ride.

Attachment 113219
    That makes me glad to hear. The reason for my 6112 coilover upgrade (I took advantage of the deal) is a want to step up to a Raptor, or even moreso, a Tremor (unsure why the Tremors do it for me more than the Raptors). The one-two punch of obscene truck prices and going house-poor on building a new house is making me go against my instincts and keep my 18 FX4 instead of trading it in on a Tremor. Additionally, I drive 60-100 miles per week so a highway truck is more important than off road.

Love your truck btw.

Hello, my name is Rick and I’m a Ford F150 owner.

I just traded off my 2011 Toyota quadcab Tacoma for a 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab with the 2.7ltr Ecoboost engine.
    I’m looking forward to reading the exploits of my fellow Ecoboosters.

Hey! It’s fun driving a vehicle that’s not a dozen+ years old with 280,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    That makes me glad to hear. The reason for my 6112 coilover upgrade (I took advantage of the deal) is a want to step up to a Raptor, or even moreso, a Tremor (unsure why the Tremors do it for me more than the Raptors). The one-two punch of obscene truck prices and going house-poor on building a new house is making me go against my instincts and keep my 18 FX4 instead of trading it in on a Tremor. Additionally, I drive 60-100 miles per week so a highway truck is more important than off road.

Love your truck btw.
    Thanks man, never going back to anything else
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Hello, my name is Rick and I’m a Ford F150 owner.

I just traded off my 2011 Toyota quadcab Tacoma for a 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab with the 2.7ltr Ecoboost engine.
    I’m looking forward to reading the exploits of my fellow Ecoboosters.

Hey! It’s fun driving a vehicle that’s not a dozen+ years old with 280,000 miles.
    Solid, solid choice.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I’m going to also post this in the Trucks thread as well for ease of research for anyone interested. Very helpful when wading through the pool of Fords engines. I have seen a couple of this guys videos and have been impressed with his knowledge of F150s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNYpP8swmo

The diesel is no longer in production

Heavy engine tear down guy at local dealership who is an acquaintance said 5.0 unless lots of towing…. then the increased cost and potential problems is worth the 3.5EB.

If one is only leasing or keeps vehicles for short term, whatever motor one gets is probably irrelevant. The 3.5 EB has good resale generally speaking and the newer ones seem to be better. The 2.7 EB was good and now the newer ones of those seem to be having problems.

Maintenance and driving style/habits probably have more to do with the long-term durability than anything.

The power boost hybrid is not designed for towing, despite what they might tell you. Towing your boat a couple times a year is not gonna hurt it.

Towing a trailer multi days a week or month probably need an F250. (for the duty cycle motor.)

User Tag List