Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 225

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

  1. #121
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Iíve been reading similar information re the second injector preventing intake valve coking but ANY vehicle with a PCV system that recirculates oil into the intake will benefit from a separator. I have an LS6 manifold around here somewhere with the inside literally dripping with mobil 1! I think itís just more detrimental to DI motors. And turbo motors as an intercooler filled with oil wonít cool very well.
    Thatís my understanding, that any engine like this will benefit from the oil catch can. Iím glad I installed one.
    #RESIST

  2. #122
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    @TOTS hereís what I have after 1740 miles since last emptying the JLT oil catch can.

    Name:  37BA9FBF-7D53-4E72-974D-BDDC9E43E9BB.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.6 KB
    #RESIST

  3. #123
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eastern NC, 500 feet and below
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    @TOTS hereís what I have after 1740 miles since last emptying the JLT oil catch can.

    Name:  37BA9FBF-7D53-4E72-974D-BDDC9E43E9BB.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  45.6 KB
    Seems like a legit product !

  4. #124
    "ANY vehicle with a PCV system that recirculates oil into the intake"

    I'm sure not any kind of auto guru, but doesn't every modern vehicle with a PCV valve (which I think is every vehicle built since ... the ??1960's??) vent into the intake manifold?

    (there were some earlier systems that vented into the atmosphere ... WWII tanks, for example, but intake vacuum is a free pump, and the post-60's reason for PCV was to cut emissions, which doesn't happen if you are venting to the atmosphere. I'm not a mechanic, I only work on my own cars, and so I've only been under the hood of a dozen or so cars since the 60's, but they all just had a PCV valve with a host to the intake)

  5. #125
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eastern NC, 500 feet and below
    Yep; thatís my point. I was stating that just about every car would benefit from one.

    Separately, apparently, there is storage behind the driver side rear seat thatís hard to access as thereís no pull to activate the latch like on the passenger side. Builtright makes this latch.

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732VMKHM...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Last edited by TOTS; 03-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.

  6. #126
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Yep; thatís my point. I was stating that just about every car would benefit from one.

    Separately, apparently, there is storage behind the driver side rear seat thatís hard to access as thereís no pull to activate the latch like on the passenger side. Builtrite makes this latch.

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732VMKHM...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Good reminder, but it isn't in stock for a week so I got this US made competitor for $4 less, delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it
    #RESIST

  7. #127
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eastern NC, 500 feet and below
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good reminder, but it isn't in stock for a week so I got this US made competitor for $4 less, delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it
    Link seems to show the same product as I linked to?

  8. #128
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Link seems to show the same product as I linked to?
    Whoops.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    #RESIST

  9. #129
    I just had the epiphany that I keep thinking of the EcoBoost engines as "new" when in effect they've been around for 10 years.

    I'm currently driving a 2001 F150 and have been debating a new F150 or the new Ranger. After riding in my friend's new to him 2018 F150 yesterday, I'm kind of done having that conversation. I think the Ranger would be a better truck for me when I'm out woods bumming and hunting, but once we load up the family and head out on vacation, I'm gonna be glad we bought the F150.

    Trying to decide between 2.7 and 3.5. We are picking up our new camp trailer at the end of March, but it only weighs 3000lb, so either truck would tow it fine. I'm leaning toward 2.7.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

  10. #130
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I just had the epiphany that I keep thinking of the EcoBoost engines as "new" when in effect they've been around for 10 years.

    I'm currently driving a 2001 F150 and have been debating a new F150 or the new Ranger. After riding in my friend's new to him 2018 F150 yesterday, I'm kind of done having that conversation. I think the Ranger would be a better truck for me when I'm out woods bumming and hunting, but once we load up the family and head out on vacation, I'm gonna be glad we bought the F150.

    Trying to decide between 2.7 and 3.5. We are picking up our new camp trailer at the end of March, but it only weighs 3000lb, so either truck would tow it fine. I'm leaning toward 2.7.
    Depends on how much you've got loaded up in the truck as well. Don't forget humans, fuel, camp gear, water, etc.
    #RESIST

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •