Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It gets better. I received my replacements today. Two more boxes of 0w30. Fuck my life. I checked, I didn’t fuck up the order.
    You’ve got enough winter oil for the next four years.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Lol, I have been down this path in the last 2 weeks. My 2013 is paid off and has 93k miles. But then the big coolant leak happens and I am like, time to junk her for a Hybrid!

The Hybrid Crew is perfect for me. I can drive over to the travel trailer and use the truck if I need AC power, vice taking the small generator (which just died). It has more payload than my 2013 and can pull what I need. Better mileage etc. But another monthly payment... ugh, no thanks.

I am keeping the 2013 and its getting fixed as we speak. The good news, all that special fluid they put in to see the leak pointed to the water pump after I drove it around for a week, not the pax side turbo. So hopefully the repair bill is half the previous estimate and I get a new water pump for my troubles.

Is this bad??? haha
    Yeah, the 12th gen F150's with any engine seem prone to lunching their water pumps at a certain point just due to how they're constructed. On some trucks it never happens, on others guys are on their third pump. Hard to say. But keeping an eye on coolant is important on these trucks.

On the plus side, at least it's not like some of the other engines where when the water pump dies it dumps coolant into the engine oil ruining the engine entirely.
    3/15/2016

And now a HID headlight is out. Found a place that has OEM HID bulbs at decent prices. First time dealing with non-halogen bulbs.

https://www.hidconcept.com/products/...e522a47a&_ss=r

https://www.hidconcept.com/products/...e522a47a&_ss=r

Or you can roll the dice on their "house" brand, whiter and a little more juice, called Dama. Less overall life... And for some reason I am going to try them. I hope the extra power is worth it. The similar power Osram/Phillips are in the $200 range.

https://www.hidconcept.com/products/...ed02ddf6&_ss=r

I am hopefully going to change a bulb on one side and then take a comparison pic. Of course if the new bulb doesn't work it means my ballast is bad.

I forgot to mention, I am a big proponent of using fuel injector cleaner. In specific I use Techron dedicated to direct injection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I forgot to mention, I am a big proponent of using fuel injector cleaner. In specific I use Techron dedicated to direct injection.
    I’m a believer! At 45K the fuel sending unit on my Z06 wouldn’t send anymore. While attempting to get the parts for a new pump/ sending unit, I was introduced to Techron. Now after 175K miles, after using it about once every other year, I have yet to have had any further fuel problems. Just pulled the injectors and the pintles all look new. They all flowed within a couple of percent of each other.

Swapped the HIDs yesterday, sorry I couldn't do 1 at a time for a comparison. The are whiter, yes. I cannot tell about the total power as I drove this morning at 0530 it was getting bright out.

Yup, I use the normal Techron full system cleaner. I try for once a year. The wife's new Kia states if you don't use Tier 1 fuel to use a fuel system cleaner at some regular interval.

Shell is my closest station, and expensive, but that's all we use.

As far as mileage, my old plugs last 3 fill ups were 17.1, 17.3, and 17.2. With new plugs it's been 19.1 and 18.6. So that is significant in my mind.

Coolant leak has been addressed. Have ATF fluid and coolant flush planned when I hit 100k miles.

My 2016 is at 51,XXX miles and I am wondering if it might be time to change the shocks. The rear-end seems to hop a bit more than it used to over bumps (but it has always hopped a bit more than my older trucks). Wondering if I should go ahead and change the front shocks at the same time. If it is just the back I will change them myself, if I include the fronts I will have a shop do the work.

It seems the consensus of the internet is that Bilstiens are the most common replacement. I want to keep the ride heights the same, not looking to level it.

Anyone have any thoughts on shocks?

Site Supporter
    Not an F150, but I replaced the worn factory shocks on my wife's Expedition EL with Bilsteins and have been very pleased. Nice ride and handling improvement.

Sorry for the thread drift. I'm not sure it's worth opening a new thread.

Anybody do any comparison research on GM's 5.3L EcoTec engines? I'm looking and downsizing from a Super Duty and I'm going back and forth between preowned Fords and GMs. Initial impressions are fairly even, though I find the GMs seem to have a bit better legroom.
    David S.

How's the Bluetooth phone integration on these newer trucks?

I generally hated the SYNC on my 2013 F350. The SYNC on my buddy's similar aged Raptor also sucked.
    David S.

User Tag List