Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh, I’m ordering a tuner for sure now
    I got a 5Star tuner and tunes. The 87 octane performance and towing package is ridiculous, just smooth power.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Now that I have recollected a bit more, you could be right, I think most of my rental experience was with various 4cyl smaller cars and it was evident when it happened, and I think was only really annoying when in a right turn on red lane, where you might move and stop and move and stop and move...
    When I started having battery probs (but before getting in the habit of just disabling it), I left the dash display showing the autostart status - it would say, for example, that it would be stopping the engine except for $reason, where $reason could be any of: engine too cold, wheels turned more than X degrees, you were on a hill, up or down, that it didn't think it could maintain cabin temp w/o the engine, and on and on. The geek in me would love to see the source code for making the decision, it was so well done. I don't recall brake pedal pressure being displayed as a reason, but my sense was that it cared - a really gentle, eggshell-between-foot-and-pedal stop was less likely to have it turn the motor off, and since the stop-creep-stop-creep pattern usually doesn't have you stomping the pedal it wasn't repeatedly doing stop-start in those circumstances. Alternatively, or in addition, it might have had some kind of memory function - 'if I autostarted just 5 seconds ago, be more reluctant to do it again'. I don't know for sure, it would be fun to know the nitty gritty details.

And I'm just spitballing here, if anyone else knows chime in, but my sense is that the direct injection makes it the fastest starting engine I have ever encountered. I remember the old carburetted engines where they went grr...grr...grr...grr for several seconds waiting for gas to get from the carb to the spark plug. Then with electronic ignition and port fuel injection it was (and still is, on our Honda) grrrr...vroom, with the cranking part lasting maybe one second. This motor (2.7) ... it's instantaneous, no grrr at all. You turn the key, it's on, well in the subsecond range. My guess is that is because it is spraying gas right onto the plug of whatever cylinder is in compression, so there is an immediate power stroke. So when it is autostopped and the light turns green, it's at idle RPM before your foot is off the brake pedal. Very, very impressive engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    LL, or others, does yours have the engine start/stop feature, how are you feeling about it, and how are you dealing with it if you don't like it?
    I have it, it doesn’t bother me, but my tune disabled it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    And I'm just spitballing here, if anyone else knows chime in, but my sense is that the direct injection makes it the fastest starting engine I have ever encountered.
    I think they have also changed how the starter engages, but cannot easily find any info.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    LL, or others, does yours have the engine start/stop feature, how are you feeling about it, and how are you dealing with it if you don't like it?
    So mine has it. Didn't bother me too much, had to press hard on the brake while stopped to get it to go.

But since I got it back from having the timing belt tensioner replaced, it seems to be disabled. Maybe the dealer mechanic did me a solid? No idea as to why other than that.

I got a 5Star tuner and tunes. The 87 octane performance and towing package is ridiculous, just smooth power.
    Was your recent 22mpg before or after the tune?

ETA: Did you just get it sent to you or did a shop install it?
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-31-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Was your recent 22mpg before or after the tune?

ETA: Did you just get it sent to you or did a shop install it?
    Before. I got it sent to me, it’s laughably easy to install with a tuner that you have to buy anyway.
    #RESIST

Gassed it at about 50-ish the other night, the traction control came on
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This popped up in my recommended videos today, thanks @LittleLebowski now YT thinks I'm needing to learn more about your eco-boost....

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

67” and this cheap one. I read the reviews thoroughly, I think it will be fine for my needs.
    I seem to remember someone in this thread wanting to know how I liked this bed cover, but I can’t find the post. The answer is that I do like it so far and it’s fairly waterproof. For the cost, absolutely good to go.
    #RESIST

User Tag List