Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: F150 Ecoboost owners, check in

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Why the tri-fold vice a roll-up?
    Cost.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    No spray in bed liner? I like my Line-x quite a bit. I've only managed to damage it once. I was sharpening a chainsaw on my tailgate and accidentally gouged the liner. It didn't damage the metal underneath but made a flap of material. They fixed it at no cost under their warranty and didn't even point and laugh at me.
    I am focusing my funds towards a tuner right now so I just grabbed this US made rubber mat for $92, plus my dog is much less likely to slip on it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am focusing my funds towards a tuner right now so I just grabbed this US made rubber mat for $92, plus my dog is much less likely to slip on it.
    Nice job on all the USA made stuff. Whenever I'm able to get a 4runner I was already planning on getting weather tech type floor covers for it, so I will most likely go with the USA brand Husky. I didn't know those were made here, so that's a definite bonus (and yes I see the irony in trying to go USA made items as much as possible in a Japanese vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Nice job on all the USA made stuff. Whenever I'm able to get a 4runner I was already planning on getting weather tech type floor covers for it, so I will most likely go with the USA brand Husky. I didn't know those were made here, so that's a definite bonus (and yes I see the irony in trying to go USA made items as much as possible in a Japanese vehicle)
    I don’t try to virtue signal about the USA made stuff, but I certainly will spend a few more bucks for it when possible and I couldn’t possibly hate on buying a Japanese vehicle.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    FWIW, a buddy and I drove down Peters Mill OHV trail today (Near Edinburg, VA). I was in my 4Runner, he took his F150 Ecoboost 4x4. The trail was mostly covered with snow and ice and the last 1/4 of the trail was a sheet of packed snow that was polished smooth and slick as snot (Jeeps were struggling to climb out of Edinburg Gap as a result, we were descending on this mess and let gravity do the work). Except for one minorly technical spot my buddy made it through with little drama on the factory street tires. He rubbed his undercarriage on a few rocks here and there, but no damage was done.

Some +1 or +2 fitment AT tires would have made the few challenging sections nothing at all.

Chris

I like this, it’s prolly next on my list of shit to add to my new truck.

https://www.amazon.com/Tyger-Auto-TG...dp/B07DYHLMM3/

#RESIST

We use these in some of our trucks at work:

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/produc...supercrew-2015

I would like to get something similar for my F-150, but I have too many children/car seats for that to be convenient.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

If my vastly superior Ram didn't have build in under seat storage, I guess that might be of interest to me...

One universal trick I picked up on the Ram forum is buying two Husky stackable storage bins at Home depot and then using one of the bed divider bars to keep them in place at the back of your bed. It makes it very easy to put small items, groceries, etc. in the bed of your truck and them not roll around. It's very easy to take them out when you need more bed space, of course, and since they stack when not in use they are easy to store.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-St...2387/300170479

Two of them will sit side by side and not have room to slide sideways. The expandable bar keeps them trapped up against the tailgate so they don't slide front to back. I leave enough room between them and the tailgate to put a case of soda for grocery runs.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I forgot to mention that the towing package is one of my favorite choices I made with my truck even though I don't tow much.

36 gallon gas tank is the bomb. I can usually fill up once a week, typically drive about 500 miles per.

Had my first “issue” with my 2011 F150 Ecoboost.

Fan would come on like I was overheating, but thermostat was pegged cold. Ran full and couldn’t have been louder.

Took it in and simply had to recharge the A/C u it. Only holds about 1.7 pounds but this model has started to have this show up.

$260 later, good as new.

Can’t see myself ever getting rid of this truck. I looked for about 8 months for this exact truck. 4 door, black exterior (ended up with a black and grey fleck job that is incredible) black leather, center console up front, no screen on the dash just a radio, Flipbak bed cover. Found it on accident on my way to a client call. Pulled over, called the client said I’d be late.

Love this truck.

User Tag List