Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF raids polymer 80.

While we’re on the topic -

Bad guys watch and learn from the same videos and drills we likely do , to some degree or another

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

Bad guys watch and learn from the same videos and drills we likely do , to some degree or another
    The more switched on ones certainly do.

Some are formally trained as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The more switched on ones certainly do.

Some are formally trained as well.
    Almost 20 years ago on Glock Talk a cop told a story about a violent shitbird, iirc he was part of a stick up crew, that they ventilated after a chase, and upon searching this guys single wide there were many books and VHS tapes from Massad Ayoob, Jeff Cooper, Ken Hackathorn, Gunsite etc.

It kinda put to rest for me the narrative that criminals are dumb and untrained.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Almost 20 years ago on Glock Talk a cop told a story about a violent shitbird, iirc he was part of a stick up crew, that they ventilated after a chase, and upon searching this guys single wide there were many books and VHS tapes from Massad Ayoob, Jeff Cooper, Ken Hackathorn, Gunsite etc.

It kinda put to rest for me the narrative that criminals are dumb and untrained.
    It should put to rest the narrative that ALL criminals are dumb and untrained.

Criminals are a bell curve like anyone else.

Site Supporter

A BJJ or Boxing gym is lauded by many as the "ultimate melting pot where you'll see cops and bouncers working on a bag alongside bikers and dudes sporting gang colors."

Hell, I personally know a BJJ black belt who is very much into Louis Farrakhan and the Black Nationalism movement, and a purple belt with a couple Muay Thai fights under his belt who is a self described anarchist.

Train accordingly. Just because they're not you doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It should put to rest the narrative that ALL criminals are dumb and untrained.

Criminals are a bell curve like anyone else.
    Which is why without the ability to know which is which, I treat everyone like they're at least as skilled as I am or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Which is why without the ability to know which is which, I treat everyone like they're at least as skilled as I am or more.
    ‘Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.’
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Great work, BBI. Seriously.

Have you considered being a detective? ; ) [/s]

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    After looking into this further, it appears this is probably related to a lawsuit from the attorney general of Washington, DC:

https://carsonnow.org/story/12/11/20...among-other-fe

Press release:

https://oag.dc.gov/release/ag-racine...urer-polymer80

Complaint:

https://oag.dc.gov/sites/default/fil...-Complaint.pdf

The allegation is a violation of DISTRICT law, not federal law, which is more restrictive and includes "readily converted" language. I would suppose the ATF is involved since the District is federal jurisdiction but will defer to our resident feds on if that interpretation is correct.

According to a local source, "records and other evidence" was seized. https://carsonnow.org/story/12/11/20...among-other-fe It would seem logical the records were to show kits were sent to DC.

If this is the case, nothing has been reinterpreted and there's no reason to run around the table unless you live in DC.

I still don't see the original warrant so this is just my theory based on what's publicly available and the "readily converted" language in the press releases and various media accounts.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Great work, BBI. Seriously.

Have you considered being a detective? ; ) [/s]
    Actually yeah, then ultimately decided it wasn't for me...

We'll see if I'm right, it just makes sense with what is already out there absent the actual warrant. Multiple sources cite a "119 page warrant" but nobody links to it. 119 pages strikes me as something they've been working on for awhile...

I would like to confirm one way or the other, and either the warrant or warrant request should clear it up. However it's not on the DOJ or ATF's press release page. I don't know what specific court to check, so I'm kind of at a dead end.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    A BJJ or Boxing gym is lauded by many as the "ultimate melting pot where you'll see cops and bouncers working on a bag alongside bikers and dudes sporting gang colors."
    The best instructor for boxing that Mrs Totem and I ever had at our local old-school boxing gym was a guy with “fuck” and “you” tattooed on either side of the front of his neck. A *great* coach; he honed much of his craft on the inside, while doing a dime for involuntary manslaughter.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List