Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF raids polymer 80.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    In the same vein(vane?) as;

we do more to protect ducks than we do children
    It is telling that nobody wants to speak to or otherwise address the routine, everyday violence in our inner cities by criminals who prey upon their communities and rivals...and that the solution offered is ignoring it, while trying to remove legal firearms from the law abiding citizen who pays his or her taxes, commits no crimes and will be left at the mercy of criminals should they be so unfortunate as to encounter them in their homes or while abroad on the streets.

That's some straight up bullshit...but no surprise to any of us here. Expect more of this, and probably worse during the coming four years...unless the midterms bring significant changes to the composition of congress.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It is telling that nobody wants to speak to or otherwise address the routine, everyday violence in our inner cities by criminals who prey upon their communities and rivals...and that the solution offered is ignoring it, while trying to remove legal firearms from the law abiding citizen who pays his or her taxes, commits no crimes and will be left at the mercy of criminals should they be so unfortunate as to encounter them in their homes or while abroad on the streets.

That's some straight up bullshit...but no surprise to any of us here. Expect more of this, and probably worse during the coming four years...unless the midterms bring significant changes to the composition of congress.
    Common sense is in short supply these days.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I saw that news up on TFB today. Looks like ATF is claiming that these kits are actual firearms, but I don't see how they are making that determination.

I follow FPC on Instagram, and a point that they made that I hope resonates is that Americans have been fabricating and building their own guns ever since the founding of the country. There is (or should be) hundreds of years of precedent.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Does anyone have the full WSJ article?

The sad part is that the BATFE is changing definitions after the fact in this case and with braces definition or at least is looking like that is what they are doing. This does not bode well for parts kits if it continues. The charges against Polymer80 mostly seem to look like selling a complete parts kit for a gun with unfinished polymer80 lower is being considered selling a gun. Thus the selling w/o background check, selling to prohibited people, selling guns across state lines and the like. However I don't see where the tax issue comes in unless there is a tax difference in selling 80% kits vs selling a complete gun.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Does anyone have the full WSJ article?

The sad part is that the BATFE is changing definitions after the fact in this case and with braces definition or at least is looking like that is what they are doing. This does not bode well for parts kits if it continues. The charges against Polymer80 mostly seem to look like selling a complete parts kit for a gun with unfinished polymer80 lower is being considered selling a gun. Thus the selling w/o background check, selling to prohibited people, selling guns across state lines and the like. However I don't see where the tax issue comes in unless there is a tax difference in selling 80% kits vs selling a complete gun.
    11% excise tax is the difference. .Gov gonna get that money.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Agree, and would add;

Cutting the budget of the agencies tasked with preventing and dealing with the violence.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Agree, and would add;

Cutting the budget of the agencies tasked with preventing and dealing with the violence.
    You can afford to cut the budget when the problem is ignored. "Nothing to see here".

See? Simple.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Anybody have a link to the actual search warrant? Article says it has been unsealed and is reference a specific kit, the "Buy/build/shoot" and that the kit is actually a firearm.

https://www.polymer80.com/P80-Buy-Bu...oot-kit-PF940C

Other then assembly, what does it take to make that kit into a firing weapon? (Note, serious question as I have no idea)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Anybody have a link to the actual search warrant? Article says it has been unsealed and is reference a specific kit, the "Buy/build/shoot" and that the kit is actually a firearm.

Other then assembly, what does it take to make that kit into a firing weapon? (Note, serious question as I have no idea)
    You have to take the frame from 80% to 100% through the milling/drilling process like any other 80% lower.

The kicker is that 80% lowers have to be approved by the ATF as being 80% or less than complete and there's no real guide as to how much 80% is. They submit them for review and the ATF says yes or nay. So, they may be selling frames as 80% and the ATF opinion is it's more than 80%.

The only solution is to repeal all gun laws.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Instruction manual:
    https://www.polymer80.com/CMS-Images...structions.pdf
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List