Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local group large purchases

A pallet of ammo isn’t that much and you won’t get any kind of discount on it.

I would wait until the big online retailers get some stock. They buy in enough volume and frequency to get better pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    A pallet of ammo isn’t that much and you won’t get any kind of discount on it.

I would wait until the big online retailers get some stock. They buy in enough volume and frequency to get better pricing.
    2022?

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    2022?
    If we're lucky.

I ordered some ammo from various manufacturers on a federal contract in July and I'm still waiting for the last of it to come in.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    2022?
    I have a friend who is with an ammo manufacturer. He told me that his boss told them that Winchester (IIRC) is not taking new ammo orders through 2021, because they already have enough to fully utilize production capability through the year. When I queried him if this was from the third shitter down, he to;d me his boss told him direct from the company rep. His boss also rold my buddy that he had heard a credible rumor the Federal (IIRC) was doing the same thing.

He. my buddy, didn't have the slightest idea what this meant for the primer situation.

As you well know there are a several medium sized players in the ammo market that source their material from outside the U.S. that may not be significantly impacted by this - PMC (South Korea) and ARMSCOR (Philipines) come to mind - I don't do steel-cased.

** I posted IIRC because those were the two companies mentioned, I may have got them reversed as to which one was more solid.

I am not posting this to spread internet rumors, so please don't. Just wanted to let the folks HERE know what I had heard from, to me, a reliable sources.

I had hopes that mid-year this would smooth out, at the present I can still find 22LR locally at less than .09 cents a round, so I'm shooting my stock of .22 and replenishing with the higher priced stuff to make sure I don't run out.

A club I belong to allows members to buy four boxes a day of what they have on hand - usually PMC or a reload, at non gouging prices - $18.00 a box last trip so cheaper than elsewhwere.

Keep your sticks on the ice, and we are all in this together as Red Green said.

User Tag List