Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local group large purchases

Local group large purchases

I know members here have bought ammo pallets direct in more "normal" times. What would it take these days to get, say, Federal's interest in delivering one-time purchases? It should be easy to find enough members, staff and friends of an LGS to pool for 100k rounds or even (in some areas) a million rounds of common calibers, no? Would such an arrangement be practical and any cheaper or faster than waiting around for deals / availability through the usual channels?

Student
    I was under the impression every major manufacturer is actually backlogged on production.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Find a way to go to SHOT and ask them. If you're not scared of the covids...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Find a way to go to SHOT and ask them. If you're not scared of the covids...
    The 2021 SHOT show was canceled.

During the last drought the procurement officer at my local PD had 4 different purchase orders out and he was sweating getting ammo for his department. This time around it is worse.

I'm sure they'd take an order and tell us we'd receive shipment in about a year.

Things are backed up to the level of raw materials in some instances. My local PD has stopped issuing ammo to officers.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    I know members here have bought ammo pallets direct in more "normal" times. What would it take these days to get, say, Federal's interest in delivering one-time purchases? It should be easy to find enough members, staff and friends of an LGS to pool for 100k rounds or even (in some areas) a million rounds of common calibers, no? Would such an arrangement be practical and any cheaper or faster than waiting around for deals / availability through the usual channels?
    Consumer sales, which is what you are if you're not LE/govt/distributor/large retailer, isn't going to work up a mixed bag order for 100K to 1 million rounds.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The LLC I am affiliated with typically orders 20 cases at once. We have had an order in for some time with the local large volume gun shop and have been told there's no estimated delivery date.

Probably won't see that order until mid to late 21.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Things are backed up to the level of raw materials in some instances. My local PD has stopped issuing ammo to officers.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

The last order received by a local LEA took about 3.5 months for all to arrive.
    The next order will probably take longer.

User Tag List