Thread: More double AIWB experimenting

More double AIWB experimenting

This week at the range I paired my G19 with my 442 both up front.

Compared to the Glock 42 used previously, the 442 was easier to grab weak handed(other strong hand, support hand) and more positive in the draw.

It was about a half second faster, though that's not nailed down yet. There were no magazine buttons to accidentally activate, or fouled draw malfunctions-had

both with the G42.

Of course, the Glock had its' day once the shooting started. It's faster, easier to get good hits with to a much further distance and it hits 3 more times.

The ways I'm shooting are: weak handed only holding the G19 in my strong hand, or free style weak hand having dropped the primary. Interestingly

with a little dryfire and a bit of practice free style weak hand is pretty easy to get good, quick hits with.

Next I'm pairing my primary with a Ruger EC9S, a frisky little neena that has a superb trigger.

I'm wearing a spare mag between the 2 guns...where does my push dagger go?

The revolver is a very strong contender simply because it is 100% reliable against operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Further outboard on the hip? Pocket? Neck and resign yourself to preemptive access?

Hammertime
    There were no magazine buttons to accidentally activate, or fouled draw malfunctions-had

both with the G42.
    Many pistols are vulnerable to the mag button accidental activation with left hand pocket carry. Something to be wary of and a great reason for the old school heel releases that fell out of style.

It's a different orientation but I've found my favorite way to carry a knife is OWB lying flat along my belt, at about 10:30 with the handle facing rearwards, set up for my left hand to draw it similarly to how a true centerline Clinch Pick is drawn. You could try that on either side, depending on which hand you think it's most important to facilitate knife access for (reverse grip draw is doable for the other one). If I was carrying two guns and a mag AIWB, I'd definitely be considering the knife being OWB to limit how much I'm stuffing down my pants, but that's me.

Also, I know they aren't actually the same thing, but you could console yourself with the knowledge that you're already carrying what could be called a five-round ballistic Clinch Pick.

Site Supporter

Maybe in place of the extra magazine since you have an extra pistol? Or in a pocket or bag?

Odds and stakes and gear trains I know I probably go against the grain to the majority of people here but I’ll give up an extra mag to carry a fixed blade knife 99.9% of the time. I can perform a lot more tasks with a decent fixed blade knife where as an extra magazine only reloads the gun.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List