Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M'Bogo

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I love it. What does that exact barrel set-up cost?
    I'm not sure what Vang's charging for it currently. It's not in the catalog, since it was kind of a one-off thing that required a bit of R&D and tinkering to get done, and despite GT's great ideas it still ended up being pretty labor-intensive to pull off. You'd have to call them up and ask to get a quote, but it wasn't cheap.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Gawd, but I love me some shorty shotties & that’s one gorgeous specimen!

My friend Paul Fitch recently wrote an article on M'Bogo for GAT Daily. He's been smitten with her for a few years now, since he stopped by on his way through town and got to dry-fire her. So when he asked if he could write an article about her, I of course said yes, and sent him some of my mediocre photos for it.

https://gatdaily.com/the-one-they-call-mbogo/

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

That’s a nice write up.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    ...I initially had a factory polymer corncob forend and an Aridus Q-DC sidesaddle on her, along with a Wilson/Scattergun +1 extension. I swapped out the forend for a Hogue, and noticed that unless I was meticulous about hand placement, I could butt my big hand up against the Q-DC and short-stroke the gun, which had never happened before with the corncob. That made me swap the otherwise excellent Aridus unit out for a Vang velcro sidesaddle instead, and the issue was resolved...
    What I love about this post so much is that you actually test/re-test configurations and don't just rely on hearsay.

Hats off to you and your pop - one of these days I'll make it out to a class...

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    What I love about this post so much is that you actually test/re-test configurations and don't just rely on hearsay.
    M'Bogo is a refreshing bit of shotgun reality.

The 12 gauge pump shotgun is a very unforgiving platform WRT modifications. If there is a weak link in the chain, they will break it; if something can be fouled, they will tie it up. My 870 anabasis was a long and overly expensive lesson on gadgets, gimmicks and free lunches that pounded the KISS principle into me until I cried uncle.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

That’s interesting to hear that you’ve swapped the Aridus for the Vang card. That’s one of the things I noticed when I shot it at the AZ class a couple of years ago. Due to my short wingspan and grip on the forend, my hand impacted the Aridus shell carrier. But that is definitely a sweet setup. My SBS worked over by VCS is probably my favorite gun.

Very impressed with the concept and execution of the sight system. Thanks for sharing the details.
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

This does nothing to quell my long time desire for a SBS. Beautifully conceptualized and executed!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Hats off to you and your pop - one of these days I'll make it out to a class...
    I hope you do! It's always good to have someone else rocking a 92 along with their gauge on the line with me

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

User Tag List