Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Webinar, John Hearne, recommended!

Same as you guys. Email has link to "view the event", follow link to page with the gray window with green box that says "event live - join here" and that's just a link to Zoom's homepage. Kinda stuck in a loop here.

Unfortunate but not the end of the world. I hope the event went well and maybe I'll be able to watch it later. I want this to be a thing because there are a lot of worthwhile topics that could be handled like this.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I don’t know if this is part of my original problem, but the Eventbrite page I have access to did not have the zoom info/password. I’m not sure if it was my particular computer (older Dell e6530 running Linux Mint, browser was Firefox). I had disabled all my usual adblockers as well prior to the session.

I double checked my spam and trash folders, and aside from the usual offers of $100 GifT CArds frOM RuSsIA, the notification with the Zoom info specific to this Webinar was absent. So I’m not sure what was going on. The only thing I can conclude is some folks got the info to join, and some did not. Weird.
    My experience mirrors yours exactly, R. Total goat rope, logistically, but pretty cool once some helpful P-Fers provided an in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Student
    An outstanding lecturer and host.

For those who missed this due to technical difficulties, it was confirmed that the recording will be up tomorrow and accessible for one week.

It was excellent.

Apologies for the snafu!

Hi, Everyone!

On behalf of John (who is on the road now) and on my own behalf, please accept my apology for the technical drama! Everyone should have gotten at least two automatic emails from Eventbrite this afternoon with the information on how to join the webinar. I even added a direct link for those who wanted to join in Zoom without going through Eventbrite. I'm honestly not sure how things got muddled up. I'm terribly sorry. :-(

But now on to the good news! We had 157 people attend the webinar live, and for those who couldn't join us, the video will be available starting in the morning on John's website - www.jhearne.com. You can access the video with the same password we sent out to registrants for the webinar. If you never got the email with that information, please try these possible fixes:

1. Check your junk mail.
    2. If that doesn't work, make sure you're checking the same email account you used to register.
    3. If that doesn't work, email me at tiffany [at] frontsightpress [dot] com and we'll get it sorted out.

Again, mea culpa. Any technical issues were my fault, not John's.

Love you guys!
    Night night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Hugs,
    Tiff :-)
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

Thanks Tiffany, I was able to join the webinar late thanks to a helpful member here on p-f, and had an opportunity to learn.

To anyone who received the password, would it be possible for you to post an image (redacted not to show the password, obviously) of what I am looking for?

I did receive two automated emails from Eventbrite yesterday. These went to my email account I used to register for the webinar. Neither had information pertaining to the specific meeting id, password or other information specific to joining the webinar, as far as I can tell (and I certainly could be missing something pretty obvious; my wife tells me that all the time ).

One came at 6:07PM EST, showing this:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-08 07-45-52.png
Views: 188
Size:  20.0 KB

The next one came in at 7:57PM. and looked identical:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-08 07-47-13.png
Views: 193
Size:  16.0 KB

Both emails contained a hotlink to allow me to authenticate and log on to my Eventbrite account. The webinar details were listed, but the provided link led me to a generic US Zoom website, with no specific log on or passcode information pertaining to this event.

This morning, I did try and use id/password sent by a helpful member as above to try and access the video, but was unable to pass through the security check to access it. So I'm not sure if the Zoom meeting id/password is "the same", to see the post-event video, or something else. Hope this helps get to the bottom of what happened, because I really would like this form of training and education to be successful in future.

What I am really hoping is that I screwed up and there's something fundamental I lost in translation, being as I've not been on any Zoom meetings or conference calls since I retired for good due to COVID last year.

Many thanks to John for an informative presentation, it was very interesting.

Thanks Tiffany, I was able to join the webinar late thanks to a helpful member here on p-f, and had an opportunity to learn.

To anyone who received the password, would it be possible for you to post an image (redacted not to show the password, obviously) of what I am looking for?
    Hi, RJ,

I'm really glad you were able to catch some of it. Here's what the email should have looked like:

Name:  webinar1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  27.3 KB

Alternatively, from the Event page in Eventbrite (if you have an account) you can click "Access Event" and the see the instructions there too.

Name:  webinar2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  49.1 KB

Again, I'm so sorry for the mix-up. I'm still working to figure out why most people got the email and a few people didn't. But the video is available now. Feel free to email me or PM me if you need the access code.

Thanks!
    Tiff

The video is available now!

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    An outstanding lecturer and host.

For those who missed this due to technical difficulties, it was confirmed that the recording will be up tomorrow and accessible for one week.
    Thanks so much, Yung. Really glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for encouraging John, too. :-)

Yep, the video is now available at jhearne.com. The access code is the same as the one for the webinar.

Folks, if you registered but never got the email with the password, and you'd like to view the video, please PM me or email me.

Thanks again, everyone!

Tiff

Thanks @Tiffany Johnson, much obliged.

This part here:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-08 13-06-22.png
Views: 178
Size:  42.1 KB

...is not present in the two emails I received; as per the screen grabs of the pictures in my post a couple up. Very odd. Anyway, as well, when I did log into Eventbrite, to "Access the event", I got a page with this link:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-07 20-06-57.png
Views: 162
Size:  3.7 KB

I thought aha! that will work, but when clicked the hotlink resolved to this web site: https://www.zoom.us/join. Unfortunately, this is just the generic zoom web address, and did not route me to a site specific to the webinar.

I hope this info is useful in tracking down what might or might not have happened. I will email you for a code/password to access the video of the webinar.

Much appreciate your time. See you in Dallas, as you know, my better half is also coming.

Thanks @Tiffany Johnson, much obliged.

This part here:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-08 13-06-22.png
Views: 178
Size:  42.1 KB

...is not present in the two emails I received; as per the screen grabs of the pictures in my post a couple up. Very odd. Anyway, as well, when I did log into Eventbrite, to "Access the event", I got a page with this link:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-01-07 20-06-57.png
Views: 162
Size:  3.7 KB

I thought aha! that will work, but when clicked the hotlink resolved to this web site: https://www.zoom.us/join. Unfortunately, this is just the generic zoom web address, and did not route me to a site specific to the webinar.

I hope this info is useful in tracking down what might or might not have happened. I will email you for a code/password to access the video of the webinar.

Much appreciate your time. See you in Dallas, as you know, my better half is also coming.
    That is how mine looked and worked.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List