Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 402: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Week 402: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Week 402: FBI Bullseye Course (Modified)

Results may be posted until January 11th, 2021.

Range: 25 and 15 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Ready
    Rounds Fired: 30

This will be an accuracy-oriented test suitable for ranges that don't allow holsters or rapid fire.

---

Kevin B., thank you once again for your contributions to the Drill of the Week!

Note from Kevin B.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B.
    The FBI has its own target but it is dimensionally identical to a B-8.
    ---

Start at ready for all strings. Shooter's choice of freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only - whatever you select, shoot that way on all strings.

At 25 yards, shoot 10 rounds to the B8. Time limit 4 minutes.

At 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit 15 seconds.

Repeat the last string - at 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit 15 seconds.

At 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit is 10 seconds.

Repeat the last string - at 15 yards, shoot 5 rounds to the B8. Time limit is 10 seconds.

---

There are 300 possible points. Passing score for instructors shooting freestyle is 260. Passing score for instructors shooting strong or support hand only is 240.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol used
    Freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only
    Total score for all strings combined
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

S&W 617 with vortex venom on a raptor engineering mount
    SHO

This was my first time running this SHO and I was pleasantly surprised. Though the 276 was 15-20 points lower than my freestyle scores with this gun, it was only a few points off of my average with other guns. Both my PR's were with this setup freestyle and it is a very easy and fun gun to shoot.

first 10 @ 25

5 more at 15 in 15

and the second 15 yard string

1st 10 second string

Final string

Brig Tac 92 converted to DAO with .22 conversion on top and D spring
    freestyle

My best score with an auto to date. Really enjoying my time with DAO. Smooth pulls with no wall very nearly eliminate anticipation issues for me. Unfortunately I was having a conversation while running this (between strings and while scoring and forgot to take pics string by string).

Still on the range!

It’s been WAY too long since I did any training.

Disclaimer: my shot timer broke at some point, and the app I have isn’t picking up shots, so I was just using the par time function, I had it in my shirt pocket with a random delay, hit the button, drop it in my pocket and assume the ready. Then I would pull the phone up at the end of the string, I was well within time for each string. But you all will have to just take my word for that. I’m hoping Santa brings me a new shot timer, if so I will come back and re shoot this legit.

Pistol used: Glock 17, Brownells RMR cut slide, RMR02, storm lake barrel.
    Freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only: freestyle
    Total score for all strings combined: 290
    Anything you noticed: shooting with a dot is amazing, I have weird eye issues that make shooting iron sighted pistols much more difficult than it needs to be. Trusting my shot process and pressing the trigger THROUGH dot movement I was watching the dot fall into and settle on the 10ring when a long of the shots were breaking. I was able to call all the shots that fell outside the 10 ring because the dot did something it wasn’t supposed to.

I was shooting Federal American Eagle 147gr

Name:  F32BA7A6-A74B-40B9-98DB-25F48834D808.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  46.7 KB

287 points pushing the time down as far as I could comfortably go.

Maxim 9 with Shield SMS dot, freestyle.

Name:  82D6A3B1-4C7E-4038-89B8-FEB7FC45E4E7.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  63.8 KB

I lost 6 points in the last string trying to go faster, lol.

EDIT: As clarification, I counted shots with grease ring touching scoring lines as the higher score.

Then ran it with my suppressed 22LR Shadow 2 Kadet with a FF3 dot.

Total time was 38.12 seconds and I ran strings 2-3 and 3-4 together each under 10s.
    287 points. Freestyle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JCN; 12-18-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by senorlechero View Post
    It’s been WAY too long since I did any training.

Disclaimer: my shot timer broke at some point, and the app I have isn’t picking up shots, so I was just using the par time function, I had it in my shirt pocket with a random delay, hit the button, drop it in my pocket and assume the ready. Then I would pull the phone up at the end of the string, I was well within time for each string. But you all will have to just take my word for that. I’m hoping Santa brings me a new shot timer, if so I will come back and re shoot this legit.

Pistol used: Glock 17, Brownells RMR cut slide, RMR02, storm lake barrel.
    Freestyle, strong hand only, or support hand only: freestyle
    Total score for all strings combined: 290
    Anything you noticed: shooting with a dot is amazing, I have weird eye issues that make shooting iron sighted pistols much more difficult than it needs to be. Trusting my shot process and pressing the trigger THROUGH dot movement I was watching the dot fall into and settle on the 10ring when a long of the shots were breaking. I was able to call all the shots that fell outside the 10 ring because the dot did something it wasn’t supposed to.

I was shooting Federal American Eagle 147gr

Name:  F32BA7A6-A74B-40B9-98DB-25F48834D808.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  46.7 KB
    I score that as a 291, not a 290.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I score that as a 291, not a 290.
    You know, looking at it again you may be right. Were you scoring the 8/9 at 11 o’clock as a 9 instead of 8?

That one would’ve required an overlay iirc so I called it an 8, but thanks!

Site Supporter
    You know, looking at it again you may be right. Were you scoring the 8/9 at 11 o’clock as a 9 instead of 8?

It's a nine...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

For sure. Your 11 o’clock looks like my 7 o’clock.

Here’s mine with an overlay:

Name:  F7613ADA-7A74-4882-B9EA-CAC03414377A.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  25.4 KB

I shot this at the end of the work day, department indoor range which was fully illuminated.
    Pistol/equipment: department issued GLOCK Model 45MOS with a Holosun 509T mounted with a C&H Precision plate for T&E. 124 gr fmj training ammo.
    Score: 288; @25 yards, 4 “9s”, 1 “8”, with the rest “Xs/10s”. I shot all strings two handed, single shots from the ready@10 yards, 10 total in just over two minutes. All 15 yard strings were under 10 seconds, with a few out of the black for 194 points at that distance. Coulda/shoulda used time better.
    A red dot is certainly an advantage for me in this scenario. I had the impression at 25 yards of a bit of optical distortion through the lens, but the hits are basically there, so no real problem. I have an Aimpoint ACRO on another GEN5 and will try to run it for comparison. For these um, “senior” eyes, the dot sights are much appreciated! I am also keeping the reticle at “dot only” so it’s the same across different weapons-carbine etc.
    I appreciate this drill for reinforcing deliberate trigger manipulation on distant/precision targets. Thanks for putting it up.

User Tag List