Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we need a separate Long Range/Precision/PRS section?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    At most, I'd think a sub-forum would be appropriate if there is the traffic to support it. If there is a lot of traffic, maybe TPTB can set up a separate forum and link to it.

Because, after all, this here's the Pistol Forum.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    How about a few good megathreads in the rifle section?

rifles
    optics
    chassis
    ballistics/shooting
    Rimfires should probably have they’re own megathread, not just scattered through a general rifle megathread IMH(yc)O.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I wouldn't mind seeing one. There's a lot of information on other sites but I'd rather learn from and work with the posters here.

The Devil you know, etc.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I'd favor a precision rifle section.

With the ammo situation being what it is, I'm really interested in rimfire and NLR22 stuff.

While I do a lot of precision rifle shooting and enjoy that segment of the shooting sport, I vote no to adding another forum until the traffic picks up in the subforum that is already there.

I am a member on other forums that are dedicated to the subject, kind of like P-F is to pistols, and I am not sure we have the level of expertise over here to warrant adding and moderating a subforum. This especially rings true when I see a member ask about a scope and a bunch of suggestions for Leupold 2-7X scopes with a duplex reticle get suggested. Different crowd I guess.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I’m cool with a PRS/NRL/Long Range Precision rifle set of threads in the Rifle/Carbine forum. Probably not enough traffic and posts to justify it own sub forum inside Rifles/Carbine.

Given that, I usually browse by New Posts, so I rarely go to the forums and sub forums. As long as the discussion and info is out there, and the usual P-F high signal-to-noise ratio applies. Unlike Arf.com and sometimes Snipershide.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    I’m open to it but don’t necessarily think we should break it out from the “Rifles” sub forum. What I think we need is more interest and content concerning Long Range Precision shooting.

I just looked at the threads in the "Rifles and Carbines" forum. Subject matter is all over the place.

I would check out a precision rifle, PRS, and/or NRL section daily. I have way more knowledge and experience there. Pistol-Forums is my favorite gun site.

User Tag List