Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw something strange at the store today.

Site Supporter

I saw something strange at the store today.

I was waiting to check out. The clerk finished with the couple in front of me. Then, instead of reaching for his card, he began to give the clerk green colored pieces of paper. To my amazement, she accepted them and allowed them to leave with the merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I was waiting to check out. The clerk finished with the couple in front of me. Then, instead of reaching for his card, he began to give the clerk green colored pieces of paper. To my amazement, she accepted them and allowed them to leave with the merchandise.
    I gave the clerk at Costco cash the other day and got a nasty look. Counting change isn't one of their favorite things.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

If you want some real fun, hand the clerk a fifty cent piece. Last time I used one, the clerk had no idea what it was.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

At least it wasn't one of those people that uses checks.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I gave the clerk at Costco cash the other day and got a nasty look. Counting change isn't one of their favorite things.
    It’s also gross, in a pandemic. Save your cash for the strippers.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Card use is still not accepted at many local places. Here is a picture of a menu page of a small restaurant that does quite well. My in-laws have been going there since before our daughter was born in 1994. Only payments accepted are checks and cash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Card use is still not accepted at many local places. Here is a picture of a menu page of a small restaurant that does quite well. My in-laws have been going there since before our daughter was born in 1994. Only payments accepted are checks and cash.
    That doesn’t make sense to me when even the food trucks and trailers around here all accept cards. Plus security wise you cut down on the amount of cash on hand or that you’re having to deposit at the bank.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Where my wife is from along the Delaware River is like that. Picturesque river town, lots of great places to eat. Almost nowhere takes cash....

...or, well, I should use the past-tense "took". Almost all of them require card use now and won't allow cash-tips, even. Thankfully most of the restaurants were able to stay afloat, but there's too much riding on the line to risk getting shut down over POS/processing charges. Penny-wise, pound-foolish sort of situation.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Saturday, my wife went through the drive-thru at McDonalds and they passed the card reader out the window to her so they wouldn't have to handle the credit card.

Most places I shop these days, ask you to use a credit card to avoid handling potentially Corona Virus tinged cash.

All this makes me think of decades of reading and hearing the cash you carry is typically cleaner than the dining utensils at most restaurants.

User Tag List