Thread: Question on 9mm dies for a 750

Question on 9mm dies for a 750

I've been waiting for dies to come available, like everything else for my new 750.

Is anyone using Lyman pro pack 9mm, I would prefer to use micrometer seating in 4 and micrometer crimp in 5, will
    These taller dies interfere with the powder bar?

I haven't set the press up yet so I'm not sure if these taller dies will be ok, I don't want to change the press, I'd rather get shorter dies.

Thanks

I do not have a 750 and cannot answer your specific question, but did notice the other day that Double Alpha makes a shortened powder bar because of die interference:
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-e...lon-powder-bar

Interesting, I have micrometer seaters (Hornady, much less expensive than Redding) on 550 and 1050; never saw the need of a micrometer crimp. And did not know the 750 was that crowded.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I'm not sure if it is that crowded, I do know from what I've read that a bullet feeder die gets in the way due to its height.
    I'm going to try the micrometer crimp for ease of adjustment, just a curiosity item.
    I've been loading for close to 30 years with a RCBS Piggyback, this Dillon is my old age treat so I'm setting it up like Goldilocks, just right! The Piggyback is set up in my work office and the Dillon will be at my house.

Here's something that might be of interest:

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-e...BoCHBAQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Well, the die does fit, with 3/16" to spare, it's one tall
    die.
    I had an Armanov powder bar dial on the powder bar, I had ordered a Titan Easy Dial but neither fit with tha Lyman Pro seat die so I'm replacing them with a Uniquetek micrometer.

User Tag List