Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Combat Master!

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I did, several fail to fully feed, quick analysis in later the shop showed a section of "barrel bump"

I'll get that squared away and hit the range again next week.
    If you haven't replaced the mag springs with Wolff +%10 mag springs..please seriously consider doing so as well; the biggest wear item/things that needed to be replaced with regularity on mine, were mag springs. The springs didn't seem to last more than a few months for mags that were used or loaded and left loaded for carry. I would get misfeeds, bolt over base, etc issues until I replaced the mag springs with new ones, then it would go back to being %100. I started looking at replacing them every 6 months, earlier if I got a misfeed before then.

Barrel bump is definitely an issue, but if your misfeeds persist after your adjustments...look at the mag springs These things run so fast and the operating envelope is so small, mag springs take on a whole new level of importance, otherwise the slide outruns the mags...

I fam-fired one of these at FITP in Artesia several years ago. It was among tables of other weapons. As I recall, it wasn't as fun to shoot as the P7 or 10mm Double Eagle, but more fun than the PPK.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

combat Master

Just saw this post as I have been searching for parts. I have had my Detonics 45 Com. Mas. since the 80's. Looking for the recoil springs and mag springs. I have been hestitent on the wolf single springs and looking for more feedback. Would greatly appreciate feedback on these parts and places to get the mag spring and the original recoil springs. thank you

I've put about 5k rounds through mine, over a 20-year span.
    It is very sensitive to proper springing, both recoil and mag springs. I'd get 500 reliable rounds from double-spring sets I bought from King's Gun Works, but they're now long gone (the spring supply, and King's).
    A guy on gunbroker sells three-spring recoil spring sets that seem to be of good quality.
    It's been many years since I've used the one factory mag I have, as it can ride high enough in the well to hit the ejector. I use either 6rd "compact" mags, or 7rd government-length mags with overtravel stops, and the strongest springs that will allow full capacity; the gun will not run with any "+" capacity mag I've tried, regardless of length.Name:  heavydet.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  92.1 KB

User Tag List