Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't there better sub-compact DA/SA options?

Site Supporter
    The P7K3 didn’t use the gas system, if I remember my early gun nerd days. It was straight blowback.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    The P7K3 didn’t use the gas system, if I remember my early gun nerd days. It was straight blowback.
    It may have been delayed blowback via chamber rings or flutes ala P7 but without the gas component, at least for some of the (4?) chamberings - but I’m not sure. It would be easy enough to find the info, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It may have been delayed blowback via chamber rings or flutes ala P7 but without the gas component, at least for some of the (4?) chamberings - but I’m not sure. It would be easy enough to find the info, though.
    From Wikipedia:
    The P7K3 is a shortened version of the P7 (inspired by the HK4 pistol) that uses straight blowback for operation. This version has a removable barrel and uses a sealed hydraulic recoil buffer in place of a gas cylinder.

Site Supporter
    I mean, who doesn't love a good hydraulic recoil buffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Attachment 64775

There you go.
    Another gun on my "irrational wants" list.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    It kind of makes car shopping easier as it greatly reduces the number of options. I suppose the same could be said of limiting yourself to TDA pistols.
    It’s funny, I got to go to the Corvette owners school just before the massive plague lockdown. It was closing in on the last courses for the C7 Corvettes. The instructors were very much looking forward to C8 classes since they didn’t have to have separate manual / auto class curriculum.

During my time of drag & street racing street cars 15-20 years ago I saw that a built automatic transmission with a good torque converter was consistently quicker than the manual transmission cars with most drivers. Sure, there were some really good stick shift drivers who could run with automatic cars & the stick shift would have higher MPH trap speeds indicating a less parasitic loss. But with a good lockup torque converter it was easier to get a good launch & it would lock up before the traps to increase the trap speeds.

I was driving a 96 Impala SS during those times. It had a console shifter that I could shift manually. But earlier this year when I decided to get a fun little car to play with I made sure it had a stick shift.

Site Supporter
    I love PF. What other forum could have a thread about TDA guns morph from TDA options to the benefits/downsides of TDA to vehicles. Most of it being of a high quality.

PF is still the best place on the net.

Site Supporter
    Whatever part of my brain appreciates the engineering, performance and personality of cars... the same part of my brain appreciate those things in guns. 911 is and always will be my dream car. Right now I drive a 2009 Audi TTS. DSG trans.

Yeah, I guess I’m “striker fired” when it comes to cars 😁 Never learned to drive manual.

Right now I drive a 2009 Audi TTS. DSG trans.

Yeah, I guess I’m “striker fired” when it comes to cars 😁 Never learned to drive manual.
    At least with that you have manual control. That said, there's something different to the experience of running a true manual transmission. Having driven both, I have to say that a VW DSG almost feels like playing a video game when compared to operating the clutch myself.

User Tag List