Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't there better sub-compact DA/SA options?

I haven’t seen the P2000SK mentioned. I think that’s a little less bulky than a PX4 sub compact.

The Beretta 9000 was pretty compact as far as I recall, but stay far away from that turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    There's also the PX4 subcompact. It's a little bit bigger than a Glock 26. Sounds like it's bigger than you're looking for but it is smaller than the compact.
    My issue with the PX4 is that it weighs as much as a P07, is almost as large, and yet has a 3.3" Barrel. But I guess if it's somehow significantly more comfortable than a P07 maybe that's still OK.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    My problem is that I buy a gun and sometimes a holster and then just keep carrying my Glock 19 (or sometimes a 26 or 43)
    I've been trying to avoid glocks for various reasons.. But when I compare the P07 and G48 - they are the same length, but the G48 is much lighter (7 oz less is huge), is thinner, has a much longer barrel (4.17 vs 3.75). Those are seriously impressive specs. And you can buy a striker control back plate to be safe when reholstering.

Arg... I might need to get sucked into the dark side.
    Last edited by matto; 12-05-2020 at 07:59 AM.

While it's not DA/SA the Shield EZ might interest you because it is an internal hammer trigger. Going from a striker to a hammer is how S&W got the effort needed to rack the slide so low.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Walther P99c. It's striker-fired, but it's DA/SA and roughly identical to a G26 in size. DA is a smooth 9-ish pounds, and the SA is essentially identical to the PPQ trigger.
    Hey let's not forgot the unforgettable Walther PPK! Bersa has a version as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I've been trying to avoid glocks for various reasons.. But when I compare the P07 and G48 - they are the same length, but the G48 is much lighter (7 oz less is huge), is thinner, has a much longer barrel (4.17 vs 3.75). Those are seriously impressive specs. And you can buy a striker control back plate to be safe when reholstering.

Arg... I might need to get sucked into the dark side.
    That’s kinda what happened to me. I was carrying a 3913, competing with a CZ75 that I swapped for a 92A1, and pocket carrying a 642. At one point, I had a 3913, 3913LS, 3953 (pair and a spare), and 4516-1 (because Sonny Crocket and .45 ACP), and was looking for a 5906 in a condition I could live with for a price that didn’t give me heartburn.

I went through several small guns trying to find something (1) still in current production, (2) lighter and a bit smaller than a 3913 or 4516, (3) with more capacity than a 642, (4) that still worked reliably (5) that I could run safely.

A brand new pistol that everyone seems to love (that I was seriously liking) barfed on me with less than 200 rounds through it. I had just ordered an original SCD from Tom so I could see how it worked for myself, and in disgust, swapped my brand new gun for a used G26.3. I cleaned and lubed it, installed the SCD, and ran over 2000 rounds through it without cleaning it again. I had *no* weapon-related malfunctions. A couple of steel cased Russians and one aluminum cased Independence rounds didn’t work right, but when you buy a bunch of crap ammo and it doesn’t all work right, you can’t blame the gun.

I accidentally dunked it one day. Detail stripped, dried, lubed, and reassembled with instructions from a 5 minute YouTube video.

It’s lighter than a 3913 and a bit more compact (but fatter in some ways). It holds anywhere from 11 rounds up to 34. I can thumb the back of the slide on the SCD to replicate the DA hammers on my revolvers and TDA pistols.

Damn it, said I, the dark side *does* have cookies. And they’re actually *good*!

Site Supporter
    I don't actually own a subcompact handgun. I'm either carrying a LCP in the pocket, or I carry a pistol AIWB in a JMCK holster.

I think I posted a photo some while ago which was me carrying a CZ-P07 with only a rash guard on and still it was concealed.

With that level of concealment, I see no real reason to go smaller for a belt carried pistol. That said, if I weren't carrying appendix I'd probably look at something like a P30SK

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I don't actually own a subcompact handgun. I'm either carrying a LCP in the pocket, or I carry a pistol AIWB in a JMCK holster.

I think I posted a photo some while ago which was me carrying a CZ-P07 with only a rash guard on and still it was concealed.
    Make sense in terms of length. But weight and width still play a roll with aiwb. Taking 7 oz off the weight if your P07 wouldn't provide any added comfort?

hk-usa.com/hk-models/p2000-sk

Not sub-compact enough?

PS:
    Oh, it was already mentioned in #21. I've seen that only after my post.
    Last edited by P30; 12-05-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Make sense in terms of length. But weight and width still play a roll with aiwb. Taking 7 oz off the weight if your P07 wouldn't provide any added comfort?
    Possibly it would, but I tend to carry a 1911 nowadays so I probably am not the best person to speak on how much my carry gun weighs

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List