Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7 round speedloaders

I know a guy who can make speedloaders. Ive hesitated bringing it up to him because I dont know how much interest there really is. I know I just picked up a LCR and went speed beez for that. 38 & 22 loading blocks in the hinged case and the belt double pouches for both. Thats only for classes and practice. I wouldnt use SB for carry but a SL comp ya id carry that.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Ugh, sounds fiddly as heck. I'd just suck it up and learn the HKS.
    Well... It is, but it doesn't have to be. Ranch products clips are thin enough to use with any brass. But they're wiggly and thus not all that fast. (At least that's true with the 8-shot clips. I assume it's equally true with the 7s.) TK clips are, as mentioned, size to be brass specific so they don't wobble around. They also need tools to load and unload, unlike the wobbly thin clips that work with anything.

For my USPSA 8 minor gun I had a bunch of Ranch products clips for load and make ready or dicking around on the range with mixed brass and TK clips with starline short colt brass for reloads on the clock.

I'd agree about the HKS loaders, though. The real question is for a 7 shooter why does anyone even care? The HKS loaders are cheap and proven. 7 shot revolvers aren't competitive in USPSA or IDPA. There are like 10 ICORE clubs in the Western hemisphere so that's a non-starter. Steel Challenge the reloads are basically not timed. And personal defense...well, if you cared about fractions of a second while reloading you would either be carrying an 8 shot clip gun or an automatic. So... why not just buy the cheap and durable HKS loaders and call it a day?

The 7 shot L frames are awesome. But minutia about reload speed is missing the forest for the trees. The HKS loaders are faster than dump pouches or slow strips. That's all they have to be.

Its more about going back and forth between k frame comp2s and hks's.

Ill look at those clips.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Its more about going back and forth between k frame comp2s and hks's.

Ill look at those clips.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006083889?pid=385220
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100608332?pid=130734

Reviews on the Ranch products clips imply that the 7 shot versions are thicker than the 8s. So you may still have some headstamp issues.

The clips are cheap. You might want to try them with your brass before you pay for the cylinder work.

I've only used the 8 shot versions, FWIW.

Thanks

If you know anyone in The Netherlands that will ship them to you, I found a sports shop in Amsterdam that still had a large selection and supply of SL Variants, including the 7-shot L-Frame. They would sell them to me, but they wouldnt import them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    If you know anyone in The Netherlands that will ship them to you, I found a sports shop in Amsterdam that still had a large selection and supply of SL Variants, including the 7-shot L-Frame. They would sell them to me, but they wouldnt import them to me.
    I am descendant of King Cnute... Maybe they would ship or fear my AXE!
    Last edited by 03RN; 12-14-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Link?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Not cheap, but a great quality option. https://www.5starfirearms.com/L7-357...lf35707000.htm
    What benefit do these have over the HKS, other than having a smaller, more slippery twist knob? For 7-rounds, i still haven't seen anything domestically that beats the HKS (not counting moon clips).

User Tag List