Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 round speedloaders

7 round speedloaders

I might have found a trade for my beretta for a 4" 686-6 plus.

I didn't catch it was a 7 rounder right off and told the other party im not sure once I did notice it. Im pretty heavily invested in time and energy working with comp 2s. I dont hate hks speed loaders infact I used to like them a lot.

If it was cut for moon clips id be ok as I feel going back and forth would be less of an issue.

How come safariland doesn't make a 7 round comp 2?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

I didn't catch it was a 7 rounder right off and told the other party im not sure once I did notice it. Im pretty heavily invested in time and energy working with comp 2s. I dont hate hks speed loaders infact I used to like them a lot.

If it was cut for moon clips id be ok as I feel going back and forth would be less of an issue.

I’m right there with you. I base my revolver purchases on whether or not Safariland makes a Comp I or II for it. Except my Cobra, which was a family gun.

I’ve heard unreliable rumors that they might be coming out with one. Revolvers and accoutrements might start being a bigger market soon.

Edit to add: it was a random comment on Facebook. Basically someone saying “I’ve heard they’re working on one.” I sent a message to Safariland to see what/if they’ll say.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 12-04-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Speedbeez makes a 686+ push-loader.

They are expensive, and they’ll need a far more secure carry rig than a CD-2. But, they’re fast.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Used to be able to get SL Variants in 7 shot. Now it’s twisty or SpeedBeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Speedbeez makes a 686+ push-loader.

They are expensive, and they’ll need a far more secure carry rig than a CD-2. But, they’re fast.
    Hmmm, they look pretty nice. $40 each is pretty pricy. Have you used them? How rugged are they?

You’ll have to ask @jetfire about long-term use and experience. Pretty sure he’s done videos on them.

I have used Dade loaders, which are like the SpeedBeez grandpappies. Very convenient to load and fast to unload, but they don’t retain rounds well during impacts. SpeedBeez makes their own carriers that look pretty secure and, I believe, can be worn IWB.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Safariland hasn't made a new speed loader design in quite some time. I suspect it has to do with the low market interest versus the actual cost of the design and molds. In other words a rather low return on investment for a product that is targeting a minuscule segment of the gun accouterment demographic.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    This was a pretty interesting evaluation.

https://revolverguy.com/what-is-the-...r-speedloader/

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    This was a pretty interesting evaluation.

https://revolverguy.com/what-is-the-...r-speedloader/
    I saw that.

Id need 5-6 for competition but at that point it would be cheaper to get the cylinder machined for moon clips.

Not sure I want this project right now.

Site Supporter
    03',

I was faced with the same dilemma for my 386 NG carry gun. I finally gave in and sent the cylinder to TK Custom. When it came back it was cut for Moonclips and had 10 of their's in the package. Since I've been shooting full moons in 45 ACP revolvers since the 1980s I was very comfortable going this route for 7-shots.

YMMV,
    Dave

User Tag List