Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If a person wanted to try a P250 in 2021...

Site Supporter
    I wish I had gotten one in 22 LR and 380

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I picked up a first gen nickel slide 9mm compact a few years ago for a good price.
    Got a 2nd gen small grip module, slide stop, and 2nd gen mag floor plates.
    Ran about a K of mostly ball and two mags of Ranger T through it and no problems at all.
    Trigger pull is, in my opinion, perfect for a defense firearm.
    Too bad SIG didn’t do a successful rollout of this model.
    I am searching locally for a reasonably priced second one.

I think if the P250 could be made reliable, and it seems Sig finally made that happen, it would be a perfect general issue gun.

It’s shootable enough, has a hammer to thumb, and a long, but light and smooth, trigger. Makes dry fire practice simple to boot.

For more highly trained units, have other options such as Glock or the M&P.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Believe @TGS has one in .380.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think if the P250 could be made reliable, and it seems Sig finally made that happen, it would be a perfect general issue gun.

It’s shootable enough, has a hammer to thumb, and a long, but light and smooth, trigger. Makes dry fire practice simple to boot.

For more highly trained units, have other options such as Glock or the M&P.
    Agree with your points.
    My work has a low percentage of shooters and they would probably be better served by a P250 with an exposed hammer and long trigger pull versus a striker fired pistol with a five to six pound short trigger pull and no hammer.
    I would carry mine without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Believe @TGS has one in .380.
    Indeed, along with 10 mags and a holster. It's the Compact model.......so a Compact frame with a 15 round mag, but in the 380 version it features the Subcompact slide and the dustcover/light rail on the frame is snipped down to length.

It had light strikes at first, which were easily and definitively fixed. The FPS block was installed slightly sideways by the factory, so the firing pin would catch on it...in addition, the FP channel with slathered in packing grease by the factory.

Seems to be a good gun, I bought her for my wife as a CCW piece since her P226 is a tad big and heavy for a 5'9" framed 120lbs lady. With that said she decided to not pursue carrying and prefers to shoot her P226. I might hang on to it just because it's such a unique pistol: an insanely lightweight, duty-style 15 round build but in 380 and with a locked breech.

It's basically a unicorn.

My work has a low percentage of shooters and they would probably be better served by a P250 with an exposed hammer and long trigger pull versus a striker fired pistol with a five to six pound short trigger pull and no hammer.
    100%.

Not to single out any particular profession in a degrading manner, but if I were in charge of an operation that used minimally-trained shooters such as security guards or correctional officers, I think it's the penultimate duty pistol.

Quite a fine pistol for higher performing shooters as well, and the trigger is definitely the best threat-management trigger on the market....far surpassing the DAK, LEM, and any old semi-auto DAO with the exception of a tuned Beretta 92. I'd be quite happy with the P250 9mm as a law enforcement duty pistol, provided we're in a vacuum and not subject to the whims of their absent QA/QC in real life.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Have and like both. The .380 has been discussed as the ultimate old man/Grandma gun.

May pick up a pair of 9s if prices ever come back down.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Have and like both. The .380 has been discussed as the ultimate old man/Grandma gun.

May pick up a pair of 9s if prices ever come back down.

How reliable has your .380 been?

Ya I got a p250c-22 DAO that is my trainer for my px4cc DAO. Good match set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would carry mine without hesitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    100%.

Not to single out any particular profession in a degrading manner, but if I were in charge of an operation that used minimally-trained shooters such as security guards or correctional officers, I think it's the penultimate duty pistol.

Quite a fine pistol for higher performing shooters as well, and the trigger is definitely the best threat-management trigger on the market....far surpassing the DAK, LEM, and any old semi-auto DAO with the exception of a tuned Beretta 92. I'd be quite happy with the P250 9mm as a law enforcement duty pistol, provided we're in a vacuum and not subject to the whims of their absent QA/QC in real life.
    I concur. Provided production and parts availability was current, I'd have compact barrels/slides, grip modules in both compact and carry, S/M/L, and a supply of 15 and 17 round magazines to choose from. Subcompact modules and magazines available for closer concealment applications, and Wilson modules authorized for those who wanted them.

I honestly think it would be a better issued weapon to non-shooters than a Glock or M&P.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Resurrecting an old thread with two questions for any P250 guru's. Did the first generation slides work on the improved second generation lowers with the better/improved FCU? Without difficulty?

Was the 2nd generation FCU compatible between both 9 and the 40/357 slides like the current P320's are?

thanks for any info

User Tag List