Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If a person wanted to try a P250 in 2021...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I went through this thought process 4-5 years ago. I ended up with a Beretta 92D DAO. It was a better choice for me, considering the price of magazines.
    This is a factor. I seem to be able to accumulate Mecgar mags for a 92 for about half the price I can figure out how to get P250/320 mags for.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    The limitations on the older 92D pistols (fixed front sight, often with dead trijicon night sights, and no rail) have been addressed with the recent 92D release. I’d go that direction, today.
    I was interested enough to start the thread on the latest D models, but the one I got turned me off due to a laughably crooked front sight dovetail. Sent it back to Bud's without transferring it, and haven't bothered to try another.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread with two questions for any P250 guru's. Did the first generation slides work on the improved second generation lowers with the better/improved FCU? Without difficulty?
    I've still never heard of anyone doing this.

Was the 2nd generation FCU compatible between both 9 and the 40/357 slides like the current P320's are?
    Yes.

I'm not sure of the source, but I have the idea in my head that the FCU for .45 Auto is different than for all the others.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm not sure of the source, but I have the idea in my head that the FCU for .45 Auto is different than for all the others.
    Following up:

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/p320.../#post-5691052

Just to be clear, in the P250, which is VERY similar in a lot of ways to the P320, the 45 magazines have to be forced into the 9/40/357 FCU and will not drop free. This is only because of the difference shown in the above picture.
    There's additional discussion, but it appears with some parts swapping and possibly mods, the .45 FCU may be able to run as a 9/40/357. The ejector will be shorter, which could possibly affect ejection.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Resurrecting an old thread with two questions for any P250 guru's. Did the first generation slides work on the improved second generation lowers with the better/improved FCU? Without difficulty?

Was the 2nd generation FCU compatible between both 9 and the 40/357 slides like the current P320's are?

thanks for any info
    I have no experience with any first generation guns and therefore cannot comment on your first question.

There were conversion kits available for 9/40/.357, so I believe that they are able to mix and match. The .45 was different. The first time I ordered a small grip module, it came in for a .45 instead of 9/40/357. It was still on the shelf at that LGS last I looked.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I have a Gen 2 subcompact in 9mm and bought s .22 conversion kit for it. Then I foolishly bought a Gen 1 compact to put the conversion on as a full-time .22. Conversion would not slide on nor would the Gen 2 9mm slide. Can't claim this is a definitive answer to your question but my experience suggests NO. The Gen 1 went down the road, but I quite like the 9 SC and the .22 unit.

thanks for any info
    Not sure I am a guru, but...

Yes, the P250 FCU is interchangeable between .40 and 9mm, and also .45. I have interchanged them. (This is not true with the P320 FCU in .45.)

Yes the old slide will work fine on the 2nd gen FCU. I know this because I picked up a 1st gen slide and barrel once at a cheap price to experiment. I still have it. The slide catch notches are slightly different in size than on the new slides, but the gun functions fine.

Note: edited to add that although the FCU can be swapped between .45 and other calibers, the .45 requires a different grip module.
    Last edited by jd950; 07-14-2022 at 12:33 PM.

thanks guys, this helps

Ran across this today and thought of this thread.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...+45acp+compact

With the rear sight holding the firing pin, is there any way to mill the slide for an RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    With the rear sight holding the firing pin, is there any way to mill the slide for an RMR?
    I kind of doubt it. The inside of my 9mm slides have a (what I'm assuming to be) weight-reducing channel milled into them next to the pick up rail. I've not eyeballed any other calibers.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I kind of doubt it. The inside of my 9mm slides have a (what I'm assuming to be) weight-reducing channel milled into them next to the pick up rail. I've not eyeballed any other calibers.
    That's my big issue with my gen 2 P250s: no way to add a red dot. Shooting safely and effectively for me (with my hand and finger issue) is a combination of vision, sights, and trigger. The P250 trigger fits my needs perfectly. With my 60-plus year old eyes, the vision and sight portion has become a limiting factor. Having shot a dot a few times on borrowed guns, the dot would solve the vision/sights issue. But I can't get the whole package together on the P250 platform.

I'm now working with my G19, using different combos of spring and connector. I might be able to go back to the G19 and add a dot but I need a ton of reps first to make sure I'm comfortable with it. I have no problem running my AR safely with an ACT trigger so I'm pretty sure I can work it out.

User Tag List