View Poll Results: Would you trust a P365?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Absolutely, 100%

38 33.93%
  • Yes, I think so.

19 16.96%
  • I'm not sure either way, really.

16 14.29%
  • Probably not.

27 24.11%
  • Definitely not!

12 10.71%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P365?

I really want to like the 365/365XL - to be honest, on paper I could replace all of my serious guns with these plus maybe a couple of 320 compacts. A good friend has a 365 SAS and I like it a lot more than I thought I ever would. But every time I see the 320/365/365XL exploded parts diagram, I think of Glock’s mechanical simplicity and shy away.

But I’m keeping an open mind. I’d like to see what people have to say here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I voted not sure either way. But I'm following this with great interest.

Maybe the folks who have voted "Definitely Not!" - Can tell us why they voted that way?
    That's me as well, I voted "not sure". It would be great if you voted "NOT" to outline your rationale, but if you prefer not to, no problem. I made the poll anonymous for that reason.

If I had to do this all over again, knowing what I know now, I am not sure I would have proceeded with a purchase of both the P365 or P365XL. There are just other options that don't have the uncertainty.

i can say that the issues I've seen with the P320 here and elsewhere made me look at other pistols for a new USPSA gun to replace my G19. I ended up buying a G34 and keeping the G19 as a spare, but I was headed to buying a P320 or something along those lines, before I had the issues with my P365XL. (Cliffs: The FCU "rocked" slightly in the frame during the trigger press due to either a short FCU or a long grip module (stacking tolerance issue?); and I had one instance where the follower barfed out of the mag tube at a USPSA match. I concluded the gun was not really robust enough "for me" and sold it for a Glock 48.) The P365 is the only Sig we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That's me as well, I voted "not sure". It would be great if you voted "NOT" to outline your rationale, but if you prefer not to, no problem. I made the poll anonymous for that reason.

If I had to do this all over again, knowing what I know now, I am not sure I would have proceeded with a purchase of both the P365 or P365XL. There are just other options that don't have the uncertainty.

i can say that the issues I've seen with the P320 here and elsewhere made me look at other pistols for a new USPSA gun to replace my G19. I ended up buying a G34 and keeping the G19 as a spare, but I was headed to buying a P320 or something along those lines, before I had the issues with my P365XL. (Cliffs: The FCU "rocked" slightly in the frame during the trigger press due to either a short FCU or a long grip module (stacking tolerance issue?); and I had one instance where the follower barfed out of the mag tube at a USPSA match. I concluded the gun was not really robust enough "for me" and sold it for a Glock 48.) The P365 is the only Sig we have at the moment.
    Yea, your issues definitely gave me pause. Which sucks, because the 365XL with thumb safety seems like a great option for me (as a 1911 shooter). I've decided to ditch my other sub-compact 9mms (Kahrs; see my creepy marketing practices thread in GD for why). So, I'm looking at other options hard right now. And it's basically coming down to guns mentioned in this thread, the P365XL, Shield EZ9, or M&P Compact 2.0 - all with the thumb safety.

I'm in the "not sure" category, even though a P365XL has become my primary "summer gun." Mine is exceptionally accurate and MUCH easier to shoot both at speed and on low probability targets than the G43X I had and sold off.

But, it's still not "kayak ready" in my book, because I shudder to think what would happen were I to be carrying it and end up in the water. I'm still waiting with some impatience for something on it to fail, not because it's given me any reason to doubt it, but just because it's a Sig...

I voted probably not. I've seen enough issues with late model Sigs and I'm not particularly impressed with the way they've handled the situations, so I just prefer to stay away. Also, I prefer to have a hammer or gadget so that would rule them out.

My in-laws did just pick up a P365 as they decided that they wanted a firearm. I didn't push them away from Sig, but I'm not sure if that says more about my opinion of Sig or my in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I voted probably not. I've seen enough issues with late model Sigs and I'm not particularly impressed with the way they've handled the situations, so I just prefer to stay away. Also, I prefer to have a hammer or gadget so that would rule them out.

My in-laws did just pick up a P365 as they decided that they wanted a firearm. I didn't push them away from Sig, but I'm not sure if that says more about my opinion of Sig or my in-laws.
    Off-Topic Shitpost:

Damn dude...harsh. Maybe I should get my MIL a P365?

I've toyed with the P365 and the XL. They both seem interesting, though my preference leans towards the XL simply because it does fit interestingly in the hand.

However, issues with Sig aside, they're still pretty new designs that are likely to be barfing up issues now and again and I don't feel like beta testing. Hell just look at the issues that are still being examined with the P320 by the trusted folks here, and that gun came out 6 years ago.

It still comes down to distrusting Sig as a whole for me though, which is why I marked probably not. It's a damned shame, because their products are very intriguing but I just don't trust them to consistently execute them properly. Which sucks having been a former Sig-fiend.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

My XLs have worked quite well, though given present circumstances my round count is fairly low. The 365XL in my holster has about 1400 rounds through it, 900 of which are with a 407K attached. I’ve fired 350 rounds of 147gr HST with no issue. The only issue I has was my grip pushing up the slide stop once, causing the gun to lock back with rounds in the magazine. My practice gun has a 507K with about 500 rounds through it at this point, again with no issues.

Both the optic and gun survived a cat-propelled launch off my gun bench with no discharge, cracking, or loss of zero.

My wife has carried a 365 IWB every day for the last 16 months. It allows her to carry a 9mm with good capacity in the physical envelope of a Glock .380. She has had external corrosion problems with her spare magazine carried IWB, but that hasn’t impacted function. She only shoots it intermittently but she has had no function problems. She carries 115 Gold Dot in it. There is no other pistol that will do for her what the 365 does.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has carried a 365 IWB every day for the last 16 months. It allows her to carry a 9mm with good capacity in the physical envelope of a Glock .380. She has had external corrosion problems with her spare magazine carried IWB, but that hasn’t impacted function. She only shoots it intermittently but she has had no function problems. She carries 115 Gold Dot in it. There is no other pistol that will do for her what the 365 does.
    I had the same issue with a few magazines. I opted to just have the magazines recoated. I used CCR for the work and the turn around was extremely fast. Mary was great to deal with. I would see about just having a few mags coated. The refinishing seems to have completely solved my issues with rusting on the spine where I was getting it before. It also fixed my issue with the controls rusting since I had them done as well. I agree there isn't really anything else out there in the size envelope that offers what the 365 does.

User Tag List