Thread: Lee Case Priming Machine

Lee Case Priming Machine

Does this warrant its own thread? Mods, please feel free to move if not.

I was poking around on the Lee website this morning and see that they're making a new press. It appears to be based off the Lee APP but is dedicated to priming only. From looking at the pics, it has a primer tray on the back that mounts to the press and is fed by gravity.

https://leeprecision.com/automatic-c...mer-press.html

I currently prime *most* of my cases off press using a hand priming tool. I do this for a couple reasons. One, it allows me to catch a case that hasn't been adequately swaged before it gets loaded. Two, it allows me to sit on the sofa and prime cases in batches. I can pretty easily prime a couple hundred cases in an hour. Three it keeps me from having to stop every 100 rounds on the press to fill the primer tube.

With all that said, I don't prime off press for commercial brass and/or if I'm only going to load 100 rounds or so.

I would hope this is available as an add on for the App.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That would be ideal. Maybe it will be but I don't see that mentioned on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That would be ideal. Maybe it will be but I don't see that mentioned on the website.
    I bet we will be able to adapt it to the App at the very least.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Three it keeps me from having to stop every 100 rounds on the press to fill the primer tube.
    Do you only have one primer pickup tube? Stopping to pull the pin out of the next primer tube every 100 rounds really only causes me a brief pause, but I have 5 of them and I fill them with a vibratory tool, so whenever I get to the point where the press and all of the pickup tubes are empty, I fill one, immediately fill the press from it, and then fill all 5 so that I can load another 600 rounds with only brief pauses. That whole operation really only takes a few minutes and then I'm back up and running.

It was definitely tedious when I only had 3 pickup tubes and had to actually do the primer flip tray/stab the tube at the primers to pick them up thing, though. The hand cramps were no joke, and whatever money I spent on the primer tube filler tool was worth it. (IIRC it was actually pretty cheap.)

ETA: This is what I use, and it makes life way better: https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Ars.../dp/B00BQ6A3Y0

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    at the end of the instruction pdf, it says:

The ACP priming tool shares many components from our APP press. It may be more economical to purchase an App from one of our dealers vs. purchasing the parts required to make the conversion. If you are interested in what is involved with a conversion, see the knowledgebase article by scanning the QR code to the left.
    https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/AC4903.pdf

A fella could have a pretty good setup sizing through an APP, then flaring through an APP, then priming through this thing, and have a buttload of primed cases to charge and seat on an as needed basis. Probably perfect for stuff like 357 and 44 and many rifle cartridges.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-03-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    A fella could have a pretty good setup sizing through an APP, then flaring through an APP, then priming through this thing, and have a buttload of primed cases to charge and seat on an as needed basis. Probably perfect for stuff like 357 and 44 and many rifle cartridges.
    A person could do some damage to a bucket of brass with a Pro 1000 and this primer press.

Size and deprime on the Pro using a tool head with a carbide sizing die in Station 1.

Run all the sized brass through the ACP.

Change tool head on the Pro to a loading tool head. Powder at Station 1, seater at Station 2 and a FCD at #3.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Do you only have one primer pickup tube? Stopping to pull the pin out of the next primer tube every 100 rounds really only causes me a brief pause, but I have 5 of them and I fill them with a vibratory tool, so whenever I get to the point where the press and all of the pickup tubes are empty, I fill one, immediately fill the press from it, and then fill all 5 so that I can load another 600 rounds with only brief pauses. That whole operation really only takes a few minutes and then I'm back up and running.

It was definitely tedious when I only had 3 pickup tubes and had to actually do the primer flip tray/stab the tube at the primers to pick them up thing, though. The hand cramps were no joke, and whatever money I spent on the primer tube filler tool was worth it. (IIRC it was actually pretty cheap.)

ETA: This is what I use, and it makes life way better: https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Ars.../dp/B00BQ6A3Y0
    Sheez, I thought everyone knew about these. Buy one ASAP. Buy two.
    #RESIST

In stock at Midsouth:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...r+Now+In+Stock!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List